Teaching Personnel are working closely with a large Primary School in the Scarborough area who require Teachers to work in their Key Stage 2 classes, to provide cover for a number of reasons including absences, PPA and NQT time and other ad-hoc needs. As a flexible teacher at this well regarded school, you will be required to help pupils reach their maximum potential by leading the class through their objectives in the absence of the class teacher. You will be required to work at least two days per week, but you can work anything up to 5 days in accordance with your own commitments or availability. We would welcome you to inform us of your availability and we will work around that. You can expect to work 8.30-3.30 on days from Monday to Friday with the expectation to attend occasional meetings or undertake extra duties such as parent teacher evenings as required.
The Ideal Teacher...
... will have a passion for helping children to achieve academically and grow personally, providing them with inspirational guidance and instilling a growth mindset. As some of the pupils come from lower economic backgrounds, you will possess excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to offer pupils consistency, self-confidence and the aptitude to compliment a school environment that will make pupils feel included, welcome and valued. The ideal teacher will have experience in a key stage two environment, and the adaptability to move between year groups, with knowledge of the curriculum for each in order to achieve progression. Experience of boosters and interventions will be an advantage but an up to date knowledge of the KS2 curriculum or the ability to keep abreast of curriculum changes will be essential.
All Applicants Must Possess or provide information for...
- UK Primary QTS status and experience in Key Stage 2
- A satisfactory DBS Certificate on the update service or make application for one
- Overseas Criminal Clearance Checks for any place they have been overseas for a period of 6 months or more
- Two Referees for previous teaching work completed within the last 6 years
- Have the relevant visa/nationality to be eligible to work in the UK
In Return You Will Expect...
- A competitive salary paid to you weekly
- The opportunity to take on additional paid work in other schools should you wish
- An organisation that puts you at the heart of everything they do, who promises to do their best to meet your needs
- A range of discounted CPD courses to further you career competency and knowledge
- A chance to protect your existing commitments around your teaching work
- To have your safety treated seriously in relation to coronavirus, with industry leading information technology to keep you and those you work with safe, alongside a pledge to keep you well informed and act in the interests of your health
- The opportunity to gain experience in a variety of year groups, schools, settings areas as per your abilities and intentions
- A chance to work with the market leader in education staffing, as part of the largest team of educators in the UK, working alongside the largest number of schools
How to Apply...
If you feel that this is the ideal role for you, get in touch with us for an informal consultation on this role and the chance to hear about any others that you may be a good fit for. Please register your details on our Teaching Personnel website, apply through this advert or call us on 01482 908010 to be put forward. Have your CV ready and be prepared to send us documents for identity when requested. We are very much looking forward to hearing from you!