Company: PROLIFT GARAGE DOORS OF THE WOODLANDS
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Pro-Lift Doors seeks experienced Repair Technician to perform installations, service, and repairs for the greater North Houston area. If you have prior experience working as a repair technician or in a comparable position and seek a part-time or full-time position, please apply. Responsibilities
- Repair various types of garage doors and openers - including residential and/or commercial overhead and roll-up garage doors
- Products, buildings and applications differ case by case; the candidate must be able to choose best solutions for each application as it pertains to safety, functionality and performance working within the guidelines of the manufacturer's installation instructions
- The Repair Technician will also troubleshoot, repair and perform periodic maintenance on new and existing equipment
- Previous experience servicing/installing garage doors - knowledge of the principles, techniques, equipment and supplies used in the residential garage door service
- Mechanical aptitude - knowledge and skilled in using various hand and power tools
- Knowledge of appropriate materials and parts
- Ability to operate a variety of computer programs and systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and general public
- Team player; strong collaboration skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to organize multiple projects, manage rapidly shifting priorities and produce tangible, measurable results
- Must have valid drivers' license with good driving record and be insurable
- Basic business math and legible handwriting
Physical DemandsRequires frequently:
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 1 year of experience that would provide the skills and abilities that is necessary to complete the job.
Standing, lifting of 50 lbs., Carrying 50 lbs., walking, pushing, stooping, climbing, bending, crouching, crawling, reaching above and below shoulder level; full use of hands, good finger dexterity, lifting from floor to waist and twisting of torso. Also includes working in cramped garages, on ladders, and with power tools and perform manual labor in outside environment, exposed to heat, sun, high humidity, rain and other adverse weather conditions. Experience
- Building and construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Door Installation/ Commercial Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
Based on Experience License
*All Pro-Lift Doors locations are independently owned and operated. All positions identified here are positions offered by individual Pro-Lift Doors franchisees who will interview, hire, pay, manage, etc. the person who is hired for that respective position at each specific location. All Pro-Lift Doors employment opportunities potentially identified through this page are offered. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. The business reserves the right to revise or change duties as the need arises.
- Driver's License (Required)
*All Pro Lift Doors locations are independently owned and operated. All positions identified here are positions offered by individual Pro Lift Doors franchisees who will interview, hire, pay, manage, etc. the person who is hired for that respective position at each specific location. All Pro Lift Doors employment opportunities potentially identified through this page are offered by individual Pro Lift Doors franchisees. These positions are not through Pro Lift Doors Inc. or the franchise. They are offered exclusively through local Pro Lift Doors franchisees.