Windows Catering Company, DC’s premier caterer, is seeking a vibrant, dynamic and experienced Sales Executive to sell, plan, execute and manage catered events. The individual that we are looking to add to our team must be someone who is capable of building and managing their own book of business and client relationships. Candidate should be well versed in marketing, sales and the hospitality/restaurant industry. Catering Sales/Event Planning is not necessary but certainly helpful. Our new sales executive should be a collaborative team player who is highly motivated and desires to achieve a high level of personal fulfillment and professional success!
- Develop and execute sales plans and strategies in order to meet sales expectations and goals. Implement and carry out approved marketing plans and develop your own marketing strategies.
- Proactively solicit and procure new accounts while growing, servicing and maintaining existing accounts.
- Prepare proposals for clients and potential customers.
- Ensure that each client is satisfied with Catering by Windows goods and services.
- Maintain a client list, telephone logs, inquiry logs, etc.
- Perform basic accounting functions as they relate to sales contracts, client billing commissions, and collections.
- Plan, supervise and evaluate the contracted events.
- Monitor and handle inquiry calls on a timely basis, ensuring that all messages are returned
- Suggestive sell menus, which meet the client's needs and maximize revenues.
- Contact client after scheduled functions to ensure satisfaction and to solicit rebooking
- Performs all other duties as required and assigned.
- Ability to apply organizations standards, policies and procedures
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to think clearly, analyze and resolve client problems while exercising good judgment
- Ability to focus attention on details.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to sit (and stand) for extended periods of time to continuously perform essential job functions
- Ability to work flexible hours including days, evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and management.
Education & Experience:
- College or University graduate preferably in a hospitality/business marketing program
- Previous sales experience, catering, restaurant, event planning, hospitality industry experience a must
- Knowledge or menu development, menu/event planning including social and kosher events a plus
In accordance with the EEOC guidelines,Windows Catering Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
Windows Catering Company has established a national reputation for exceptional food, creativity, and presentation combined with outstanding service. Windows provides full-service catering, party planning, and event management services for corporate entertaining, galas and fundraisers, social events, weddings, receptions, and business breakfast/luncheons. Our events include some of the most prestigious events in the DC area.
Recent Windows Catering Company Accolades:
- Green Certified by the Green Restaurant Association (GRA)
- Winner of the Catersource Achievement in Catering Excellence (ACE) Award for the Eastern Region of the USA
- Selected as one of the "25 Great, Big Caterers in USA" by Special Events Magazine
- Voted as one of the Best Catering Companies in Washington, DC by Washingtonian Magazine
- Selected as one of the Best Caterers in Washington, DC by The Knot Magazine
Role: Sales Executive / Events
Apply for this job now.