Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
We are looking for talented, enthusiastic, hardworking Scientists & Engineers Graduates, who enjoy solving complex problems, to work alongside some of the most talented people in the UK.
We want you to help us by joining our highly skilled team designing systems installed on fast jet, UAV, land and naval platforms.
We will support your personal development with training and help you to work towards professional accreditation if you wish.#
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Key Responsibility Areas
- We will give you the opportunity to develop expertise in the areas of mixed signal ADC/DAC and FPGA based designs to execute high performance signal processing, communications and control algorithms.
- You will also learn how to assess your designs in our well equipped laboratories to develop robust, reliable designs that will function reliably in harsh environments to enable decades of use.
- Your role may even take you across the UK or abroad for technical reviews.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline. You should have an undergraduate degree in Electronic Engineering, Physics or General Engineering, whilst a related MSc, PhD or EngD would be an asset or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Discounted coffee bar & restaurants at each site
- Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Leonardo is one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD, come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around!
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 and roles WILL be closed once offered.
Role: Graduate Hardware Architect
Job Type: Graduate
Location: Luton, Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire, Bedfordshire
Apply for this job now.