Are you a Newly Qualified Teacher seeking a permanent position teaching Maths?
What do you think sets you apart and makes you the ideal teacher for this opportunity? - If you apply, you can tell us why!
The candidate will be able to bring energy and enthusiasm to the department and will be able to instil an enthusiasm for Mathematics across all key stages. This popular secondary academy is a culturally diverse 11 - 16 mixed gender secondary school located in the heart of Brighton with just over 1200 pupils on roll. The school is just a short drive from the city centre and is easily accessible via public transport links. This is an exciting opportunity to join this thriving academy on its journey to excellence.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding Newly Qualified Teacher of Mathematics and will have the ability to teach inspiring lessons across KS4 and KS5.
This position will involve teaching the AQA specification GCSE award in Mathematics and therefore previous experience of teaching this syllabus is desired.
Some of the benefits of the role are:
• The opportunity to be complete your induction year
• Working in a school where excellence is strived for, every day
• The opportunity to share ideas with other teachers, imperative during your induction year
• Being able to plan exciting visits for your class to support their learning in various classes
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Adhering to the school's Policies and Procedures
• Providing pupils with necessary feedback, encouragement and support
• Meeting with pupils' parents to discuss their academic progress at parents' evenings
• Setting the right example always
• Occasionally, you may supervise pupils during events and projects outside of the classroom such as cultural outings, field trips and excursions
Requirements of the candidate:
• You will need to hold UK QTS or be suitably qualified to teach in UK schools
• Being able to embrace everything that your induction year brings
• To possess effective classroom management strategies
• Having a DBS already on the Update Service or the willingness to complete a new DBS application
• Ability to communicate effectively with others
Should you wish to apply or would like more information, please feel free to contact myself, Kristopher Flynn-Hutt in our Brighton Secondary branch.
To apply for this role or others please send us your up to date CV to Kristopher.Flynn-#removed# where we can contact you to discuss your application.