Solo OBGYN practice needs EXPERIENCED and fully bilingual (Spanish/English) Medical assistant. Good people skills is a must.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work up patients and prepare them for exam
- Take patient's blood pressure, weight and height. Record in EMR
- Record patient's medical history, family history, surgical history, reproductive history, allergies, medications, and other pertinent “Facesheet” information in EMR(Athenahealth). Collect urine specimen if necessary. Record results.
- Room the patient with appropriate instructions.
- Front Desk Duties (Answer phones, schedule appointments, check in, and check out)
- Indicate patients whereabouts through “tracking”
- Assist Provider with any exam room procedures
- Fill out lab slips, consent forms (non surgical), administer any injections (Tdap, flu, Rhogam, etc.) as required.
- Record injections used in log book and be sure to give patient correct injection forms
- Clean and prep exam rooms between patients.
- Call in prescriptions or eScribe as needed. Refill prescriptions, follow up on any errors.
- Call patients with normal results or orders as directed by provider
- Answer patient questions/phone calls
- Wash and sterilize instruments daily
- Schedule patients referred to other doctors as directed by your provider.
- Send medical records as needed
- Inform patient of appointment date and time with instructions
- Follow up on all tasks and orders in your task list.
- Prepare all charts for future appointments
- Restock exam rooms
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Help answer phones and make appointments
- Assist in providing coverage through lunches or others days off
- Maintain work area, exam room, supplies, medications and immunizations
- Adhere to policies and procedures as described in Employee Manual and as they pertain to patient safety
- Secondary “jobs” which include:
- Mammogram tracking and follow up
- Surgery scheduling
- Ordering supplies
- Triage nurse coverage
- OSHA regulations
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF ALL STAFF:
- Treat every patient with respect and kindness
- Know All Women OB/GYN's mission statement
- Be a team member
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, co-workers and management
Effectively cope with typical job stress
Adhere to appropriate code of conduct, ethics and HIPAA guidelines
Perform other duties as assigned
Role: Medical Assistant
Apply for this job now.