Our Client, a state run primary school in the London Borough of Islington is currently looking to hire a Business Manager to work closely with the school’s SLT to provide up to date and accurate business information to assist in the effective running of the school. Having recently been awarded an Ofsted ‘outstanding’ classification the school is keen on hiring an individual of similar standard to join the impressive senior leadership team.
Reporting into the Head - the main responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop the existing finance team to ensure it meets the present and future needs of the school.
- Preparation of annual financial plans, budgets, management accounts and statutory reports; ensuring these are accurate and again, support the needs of the school.
- Ensure all income and expenditure is accurately processed and controlled.
- Ensure the schools payroll operates effectively and the school complies with appropriate statutory requirements.
- Be the primary point of contact for all financial matters for senior management and other key staff.
- To be proactive in identifying ways to improve the financial management of the school in terms of results, efficiency and controls.
The Candidate should:
- Be a qualified accountant or similar.
- Ideally possess prior experience of working in education.
- Have the ability to work in a strategic capacity whilst maintaining a day-to-day, hands on approach.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our Client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. We are equal opportunity employers.