SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
The Axis Agency is looking for a Senior Art Director to join its Los Angeles practice.
We are looking for a seasoned, conceptual and visual architect of brand experiences who has the flexibility to work with different teams executing creative and marketing strategies for all assigned projects. These may include both broadcast media and online/digital assets.
The Senior Art Director has an entrepreneurial spirit and is skilled at developing a variety of concepts and brand-appropriate visual styles, for a wide array of target audiences. He or she has the ability to take the lead on a specific creative assignment.
Senior Art Directors possess advanced visual and verbal skills and are experienced presenters. They collaborate actively with a multi-disciplinary project team as well as outside partners. If you think you fit this description, we'd love to see your portfolio and schedule an interview.
Concept Development/Art Direction
- Take the lead in conceptualizing varied creative assignments (web, video, social, print, mobile)
- Collaborate and ideate with copywriting partner
- Show initiative in growing allocated assignments beyond what's expected
- Be in touch with both the “big picture” and the nitty-gritty details of a project or campaign
- Establishes visual style and user experiences that will effectively communicate with target and fulfill project objectives
- Responsible for the proper placement, context and meaning of every visual element within a creative assignment
- Stays current with industry/advertising trends, applies them strategically, and shares with counterparts
- Assists ECD in presenting work to client
- Proactively seeks approvals from ECD (as required on a project-by-project basis) on all work before delivery to Account or Client
- Participates in and may lead brainstorms as required
- Assists in developing concepts and presentation materials for business development projects
- Assists or stands in for ECD in presenting work to client
- Collaborates with other creative staff to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives that will improve the creative product
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality
- Is respectful of others' ideas and builds relationships with agency partners
- BFA or Degree from respected advertising/design program
- Exceptional portfolio that includes integrated work
- 5 - 7 years of experience creating integrated content for multi-cultural clients
- Prior experience at the Junior Art Director or Art Director level
- Advanced concepting skills
- High level of idea generation and collaboration
- Ability to partner with Copywriter or other assigned team member and share workload
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Produces work that is engaging and on strategy
- Effectively presents and sells work with confidence
- Meets deadlines consistently
- Attention to detail
- Participates in creative reviews and brainstorm sessions
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Passion to generate big ideas and execute them flawlessly
Founded in 2005, Axis is a full-service agency headquartered in Los Angeles, California with an office in Miami, FL. We specialize in the areas of advertising, strategic planning, market research, marketing communications, public relations, creative development, experiential marketing, promotions, and digital and social media.
The Axis Agency is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The Axis Agency recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.