Our client provides the operational infrastructure for its subsidiary companies, specializing in automated order handling, fulfillment, and shipping of small package goods. Our client is able to reach 99% of the U.S. within two days from its four strategically located distribution centers. An order accuracy rate of 99.9% is reflective of the operational excellence and efficiencies that have resulted from significant investment in technology and a dedicated IT development staff specializing in integration, automation, and real-time reporting.Industrial Engineer:
The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for leading the engineering and design efforts for the company by developing and implementing standards for which will set the ground for current and future projects. Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze current distribution center environments and production information to understand current methods and activities; including but is not limited to production schedules, process flows, and engineering specs.
- Collaborate with SC VP, DC Operations Director, DC Leadership teams, Technical, FP&A and chosen vendor to ensure LMS implementation is successfully implemented on time and within budget, training is conducted, and expected ROI is achieved.
- Actively contribute to DM’s internal process improvement initiatives.
- Develop specific project plans, determining resource needs, evaluating operational requirements, setting priorities, developing and implementing operational best practices.
- Facilitate, coordinate and track day-to-day activities required to ensure timely completion of projects in accordance with organizational goals.
- Manage scope of projects including setting and managing internal priorities and expectations.
- Facilitate on-site classroom and practical, hands-on training for various project implementations.
- Actively participate as a key project leader between DC Operations, FP&A, technical staffs and when applicable, the client.
- Maintain alignment between Supply Chain VP, DC Operations Director, DC Leadership teams, and internal department teams.
- Collaborate with DC Leadership team to define optimal production schedules
- Perform comprehensive statistical data analysis and ongoing development of standards.
- Ongoing analysis of distribution center environments and determine requirements to facilitate optimum solutions.
- Creative problem solving and application of resources to address customer unique requirements.
- Collaborate with FP&A to ensure required DC activities and costs are aligned to ensure pricing proposals presented to DM Sales and clients are profitable.
- Guide and mentor DC leadership teams.
- Deliver stated “results” for client engagement.
- Deliver projects within budget and on-time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution Management, Supply Chain Management, or similar relevant work experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Project Manager or equivalent project lead; in a distribution environment preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Project.
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, and other methods for maximizing the efficient distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of WMS functionality and Labor Management Software.
- Ability to design and understand material handling system.
- Knowledge of the ways various systems interact and how changes to operations, the environment, and other conditions will affect outcomes.
- Ability to travel 25%-50%.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Experience in managing large and complex projects.
- Experience with change management and or operational performance management.
- Direct experience in the development, validation, and deployment of engineered labor standards highly desired.
This position offers a Competitive Base Salary and Standard Benefits.
Role: Industrial Engineer
Location: Saint Charles,
Apply for this job now.