Senior Business Development Director
Reports To: Vice President of Business Development
Company description: Wavestream sets the standard in the design and manufacture of next generation high power solid state amplifiers. We are currently looking to add a Senior Business Development Director. Ideal candidate must be a self-starter and highly motivated to lead strategic business development activities in US Department. of Defense and Intelligence agencies. Must have proven experience penetrating and winning within new organizations and opportunities. Creating winning go-to-market strategies that include both direct selling to the US Government and/or partnering with System Integrators of all sizes. This individual will develop new customers and business areas for Satellite infrastructure and applications for US Government telecommunications requirements. Responsible for managing current programs and customers, recapturing expiring projects and programs, and expand market penetration into new and existing accounts.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Conducting market assessments and manage business development activities to support growth throughout DoD.
- Responsible for identifying and qualifying new business development opportunities and assisting in the capture management and proposal development processes. These efforts will include; opportunity identification, qualification, strategy creation and end-to-end pursuit ownership for active business development opportunities.
- Responsible for maintaining the “pipeline” for new business and capture/recapture efforts of existing contracts, ensuring accuracy of the data for all opportunities assigned under this position.
- Responsible for maintaining the sales funnel for accuracy of the data for opportunities.
- New business pursuits should be focused on, stated objectives of the strategic plan from the business being supported. Technology and Applications focus will be positioning Satellite BUC's, Solid State Amplifiers and Transceivers to end user agencies/organizations for both sustainment of existing programs and/or new deployments.
- Must have extensive relationships with the Federal Government focused ecosystem.
- Participate in the development of annual and long range strategic business plans.
- Support corporate leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business development opportunities, including: Upcoming business development targets; Market outreach events; Contract Industry Day events and other strategic outreach events.
- Drive requirements for marketing and tradeshow strategies and attend tradeshows and networking events. Manage trade show efforts and keep trade show booth and materials current.
- Meet and maintain close relationship with new and current customers.
- Contact prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops.
- Manage the opportunity process with probability of win calculations, revenue projections, and direct input to the company budget and forecasting process.
- Perform initial analysis of proposed or actual request of capabilities, and RFP's to determine technical, schedule, and content reasonableness, and profitability.
- Determine teaming requirements for Prime efforts; identify and qualify industry partners and identify teaming opportunities for subcontracting opportunities.
- Provide proposal development support, as needed, to meet growth objectives.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the company business development proposal efforts
- Work collaboratively with other assembled members of the company to design, develop, and publish proposal documents
- Highly desired: 10-15 years of progressive experience in Business Development in DoD contracting environment.
- Proven Sales/Capture track record - project level or higher - that illustrates success in BD, Government Program/Project management, and general management responsibilities.
- Thorough understanding of complex government processes and procedures.
- Prior or current Satellite Communications and Equipment experience preferred.
- Proven track record of success in Business Development in the DoD contracting environment.
- Current experience with DoD facilities programs in the areas of managing scope, quality, schedule, and cost for projects at a mid and senior level.
- Current active clearance is not a firm requirement today, however a plus.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearance as necessary.
- Collaborative leader with ability to pull together cross functional support for BD initiatives.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in technical writing a plus.
- Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations.
- Prior/Current Experience in Satellite communications a plus.
- Experience with Army specifically SOCOM, Navy customers, specifically SPAWAR, NAVFAC, NAVSEA, NAVAIR, and NAVSUP, Air force.
- Four (4) year degree from an accredited university. Masters Degree is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations made by to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and responsibilities can be changed at any time at management discretion.
Wavestream sets the standard in the design and manufacture of next generation high power solid state amplifiers. Wavestream family of Ka, Ku, X-band Solid State Power Amplifiers (SSPA) and Block Upconverters (BUC) provide systems integrators with field-proven, high performance solutions designed for mobile and fixed defense and broadcast satellite communication systems worldwide.
Wavestreams reputation for technical innovation and high standards for quality, reliability and performance has led to our continued growth and ability to offer customers leading-edge products and superior customer service to support mission-critical satellite communication systems anywhere in the world.
Role: Sr Business Development Director
Apply for this job now.