What you need to know about the school:
The school support young people's to develop their emotional wellbeing and social skills. As an Autism Support assistant you will support the school to develop students to cope better with the things they find challenging whether this is during their school day or at home. The successful Autism Support assistant will help establish positive and healthy relationships, emotional wellbeing and developing social skills. The school are currently on the look out for an additional teaching assistant to work through us initially with the likelihood of a permanent contract after a specific amount of time. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who is fancying a change in career or if you have a keen interest in special needs.
We are looking for dedicated individuals who are passionate about providing the highest standards of care and facilitating opportunities for learning for our wonderful children. Previous experience of looking after children with autism would be an advantage however a can-do attitude and commitment to the children and your team is equally as important.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Plan and support a child with autism and help them reach their potential in a professional and caring manner
- Be reliable and punctual when working individually in the community or when part of a team and supporting colleagues to do their jobs
- Actively plan and join in play and youth activities including swimming, ball games, messy play and music
- Be prepared to communicate differently with a wide range of people
- Keep records and write reports when required
- Ensure the highest level of safety and safeguarding at all times
Applicants will be working in a classroom supporting assistants and fellow support workers on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with pupils.
The role will operate between 8:30 - 15:30, Monday - Friday.
Full time is preferred but part time applicants may still apply.
Salary will be discussed during the interview process.