Vision for Education are currently seeking an MLD Teaching Assistant to work in Special Needs Schools in Salford. We are interested in people who want to work with pupils with moderate learning disabilities from Foundation Stage up to post 16.
The schools that we work with in Salford aim to provide inclusive and vibrant environments and adopt, for many students, a sensory approach to learning. They specialise in supporting students with Moderate Learning Difficulties therefore you will be able to work within committed teams who provide nurturing environments for all students.
The role of a MLD Teaching Assistant will be to create a safe and supportive environment for the students to learn and develop. Working individually or in small groups with students, you will be required to secure a routine for working that children find simple to follow while setting high expectations. Encouragement and praise will be key to building children's knowledge at all levels.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the position of an MLD Teaching Assistant are:
- A minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
- Have a passion to work with students with Moderate Learning Difficulties
- Have a caring and nurturing attitude
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a MLD Teaching Assistant and valued employee of Vision for Education you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a nurturing MLD Teaching Assistant based in Salford who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education , please contact our SEN team on #removed#.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.