Company: ARMAND CORPORATION
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Armand Corporation is an M/WBE Construction Management firm with 30 years of industry experience. We are currently seeking an Project Manager with experience working in the school buildings and facilities construction industry to join our team as part of a year long term contract. Primarily, the position will involve projects at existing educational buildings and associated support facilities, as well as some site work throughout Philadelphia.
Typical duties include: reviewing construction plans and specifications to ensure compliance with contract requirements; supervising a team of contract compliance inspectors and construction managers, conducting and attending final inspections; preparing punch lists; organizing equipment an system demonstrations; coordinating the resolution of contract disputes; and providing substantiating information to supervisors regarding extension of contract time, change orders, final inspections, and other project related details.
The Project Manager will also analyze claims for change orders, evaluate contractor invoices relative to contract payment schedules, review construction schedules, certify all contractor invoices for final payment and authorize all final payment vouchers In addition they will coordinate projects with design staff, appropriate maintenance and facilities departments and perform related work as required
Roles and Responsibilities
- Administers a comprehensive program of construction management, including construction budget development and cost control.
- Participates in and supervises the preparation, review, and processing of all construction related contracts
- Reviewing construction plans and specifications to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Supervise compliance inspectors or assistant project managers in the management of construction projects.
- Provide weekly information to supervisors on the status of construction projects through narrative and written reports.
- Manage all phases of construction from pre-bid to final closeout including safety, local and national code compliance.
- Communicate and schedule meetings and activities with school based personnel, Principals, Regional Managers, Facilities, Maintenance and Environmental Departments.
- Knowledgeable and capable of utilizing Microsoft Office programs
- Performs related work as required.
- Seven years of full time, paid, professional experience in Construction Management or Inspection.
- Bachelors degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and collaborative team-oriented player with a positive and professional attitude.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Armand provides a full benefit plan including medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and commuter benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.