Hobson Prior currently has an exciting new opportunity within a pharmaceutical company. Our client is looking for a Global Medical Director Vaccines to join them on a contract basis.
Please note that to be considered for this role you must have the right to work in this location.
- In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that the medical activities in the region/countries are compliant with all applicable local and regional regulations and obligations as well as in line with the company's own Ethical Guidelines and Business Practices and ensure that all relevant LOC staff are properly trained in these and other company policies.
- You will be supporting the training of regional functional teams and local country affiliate medical staff on VBU products, disease epidemiology and other product related issues to facilitate their launches and to optimize their safe and effective implementation.
- Responsible for leading all Regional Medical Affairs activities for the vaccine product travel vaccine program including the development / adaptation of the Regional Medical Affairs Strategy for travel use and use in the military segment, working in close collaboration with the EUCAN vaccine IFT (Integrated franchise team - commercial, medical and access), EUCAN functions, the GMA Dengue Lead (who serves as vaccine product GPT representative) and relevant stakeholders from Vaccine Global Medical Affairs.
- Supports the development of the regional vaccine product Scientific Communication Platform for travel use, the regional publication plan (including scientific conference plan) and provides EUCAN-related input into the medical portion of the vaccine product Global Value Dossier.
- Supports and works in close collaboration with relevant LOCs (Local Operating Companies) in the implementation of regional and local medical affairs activities, including the set-up and management of a regional network of external clinical and scientific experts which will be instrumental in advising and supporting the introduction of vaccine product in the EU as a travel vaccine.
- In conjunction with other Regional Medical Affairs functions, work with countries to ensure that the country medical needs are taken into account when elaborating regional Medical Affairs strategies related to vaccine product as a travel vaccine (including the need for local and regional epidemiological data and cost-benefit analysis, etc).
- Develop strategies and leads efforts in collaboration with LOCs to obtain national immunization recommendations for use of vaccine product as a travel vaccine for countries in EU, in collaboration with other EUCAN and VBU functions by providing appropriate supporting data (e.g., epidemiological data, cost-benefit analyses, etc).
- Excellent communicator with strong written and presentation skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong leadership skills: proven track record of collaboration, teamwork, leadership, coaching mentorship, timely decision-making and results orientation.
- Strong proven collaborative skills in working with multicultural teams and teams representing diverse disciplines.
- Superior scientific, clinical and managed markets credibility, is articulate, honest, and ethical with high integrity.
- Ability to influence and work effectively with diverse partners, regions and cultures.
- Requires a MD/PhD who possesses at least 7-10 years of medical affairs or clinical development experience in the vaccines or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience and knowledge of vaccine implementation and public health institutions and practices in and influential in region.
- Experience operating in a vaccines or biologic multinational company environment including proven international experience.
- Ability to comprehend and synthesize complex data with experience in the identification, analysis and implementation of programs and procedures required to achieve corporate objectives.
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in the English language.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity then please click "Apply" and upload a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist directly, please select "Contact me" at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.