We have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Engineer (Azure DevOps) to join us based at our state-of-the-art Headquarters in Southampton, however our focus is on achieving outcomes rather than location, so we are open to hybrid working; where there will be a split between home and office working. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,749 - £45,543 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Senior Engineer (Azure DevOps):
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37 hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave - (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
As our Senior Engineer (Azure DevOps), you will join our newly established Common Application Forms team and work within a collaborative environment to deliver reusable developer tooling to enable other OS DevOps teams to work with these technologies.
The role will include daily contact with stakeholders and team members. Code should be written using best practices to ensure it is clean and testable. You will be required to be fully conversant with Agile delivery methodologies and be able to prove a track record of delivering within such an environment.
What we're looking for in our ideal Senior Engineer (Azure DevOps):
- Experience in designing and implementing Azure DevOps CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in automating ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise and Safe FME geospatial application deployment
- An understanding of and an advocate of best practice and patterns to help optimise delivery
- The ability to ensure software is secure and well tested
- Experience providing technical leadership, coaching and mentoring
- Knowledge of modern engineering best practice like TDD, BDD and Automated Testing
- Experience in software development, configuration management and engineering
- Experience in automation of laaS on Microsoft Windows
- A proven track record in iterative and incremental development
- A very good track record in problem resolution and selection of technical solutions/applications
We're individually talented and collectively powerful and we give you the space to take your career in whichever direction you want.
If you would like to be part of this, click apply now to be considered as our Senior Engineer (Azure DevOps) - we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: Sunday 24th January 2021
Role: Senior Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Southampton, Hampshire,
Apply for this job now.