We will be hosting an overview session on Monday, 8/19 to provide an overview of the role and help answer questions from interested crew. The session is 8/19, in Leander 144, at 12:00. No sign-up is required.
Because space in the room is limited, please feel free to leverage the Team Meeting Link: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting (+1 267-486-2093, Conference ID: 705 302 200#)
1. Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Develops and drives the execution of strategy for Sales Strategy and Alignment through governance, identification, deployment of the necessary technology solutions and data, and process documentation. Ensures that the team has a clear direction and that the priorities of the team are highly aligned with the long-term objectives of the organization.
3. Leads the team responsible for the development and on-going maintenance of strategy and alignment to maximize impact. Works closely with divisional and enterprise partners, monitoring industry best practices, studying and drawing insights from emerging marketplace trends, technologies, and processes.
4. Influences and obtains buy-in from appropriate decision makers and socializes proposals and plans with the appropriate partners and stakeholders. Participates in governance committees as necessary.
5. Develops and manages equitable and highly efficient sales processes in relation to sales resources and alignment to divisional objectives. Ensures a data-based and clear processes to serve as the arbitrator of potential sales issues.
6. Oversees the division's strategic initiatives (e.g. sales goal setting; channel initiatives) that will help achieve long-term business goals. Partners with the enterprise-wide key stakeholders as necessary to deliver high quality recommendations and results.
7. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years related work experience. Five years experience in sales process management preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Ability to quickly develop a command of new concepts, including big data/data analytics/business intelligence, marketing measurement/ROI; complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated skills in people leadership, strategic thinking, and project management and prioritizing work.
- Lead a diverse group of professionals and skilled at working through others along with experience in building and leading teams.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully up, down and sideways in the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
- The ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent time-sensitive deadlines.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.