TPF Recruitment is recruiting for one of the best Accounts Senior / Senior Accountant vacancies in Kent at the moment. Our client, a well-established, Top 30 Canterbury based chartered accountancy practice is looking for an Accounts Senior to join their experienced team. You will be given fantastic exposure, and amazing working environment and an excellent opportunity to progress in your career.
Our client is a modern firm that is continuously driving themselves forward and have their clients long term best interests at the heart their business. They are a hard-working business that looks after their staff and rewards them accordingly for their work. They offer a fantastic work life balance and promote a hybrid working pattern too.
You will work in a varied position across accounts, management accounts, VAT and tax, servicing a mixed portfolio of clients across Kent and the South East. Their clients are across a range of industries and you will be working with both corporate businesses and charity organisations from start ups, through to significantly sized groups.
As a wider business, they provide a range of general accountancy practice services to their clients, typically consisting of audit, accounts, management accounts, bookkeeping, tax, VAT, CIS and payroll and many more technical advisory services.
This position would be suitable for an experienced nearly qualified ACA/ACCA candidate, through to somebody who is 1-2 years post qualified ACA/ACCA or somebody who is qualified by experience.
As an Accounts Senior, you will have a hands on role, responsible for:
- Preparing statutory accounts for limited companies, sole traders and partnerships.
- Preparing monthly or quarterly management accounts.
- Preparing and reviewing VAT returns
- Reviewing and completing more complex Bookkeeping on behalf of clients.
- Supervising and reviewing the work of junior team members.
- Completing basic corporation tax computations
The ideal candidate for this Top 30 Accounts Senior opportunity in East Kent will have relevant previous experience in a practice and will have completed, or nearly completed their ACA/ACCA qualification or be equivalently experienced.
- Strong experience within an accountancy practice carrying out accounts preparation, VAT and tax preparation.
- Experience of both corporate and not for profit clients would be advantageous.
- 3-5 years practical experience within an accountancy practice environment
- Prior experience of cloud accounting software such as QuickBooks, Sage or Xero.
£30,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience and background, negotiable. A highly competitive benefits package is also on offer.
Please apply for the vacancy or contact Tristan Finch for a confidential conversation.
Refer a friend..
We’re keen to remain the leading provider of the best accountancy talent in the South East. We are continually exploring ways to expand our network and we know that great candidates like you can introduce us to other equally brilliant people. We’re looking to work with the best accountancy practice and tax staff in the South East so if your friends, family or colleagues are considering a new opportunity and can demonstrate relevant experience, we'd love to speak to them.
For every candidate you refer and we subsequently place into a permanent position, we will give you £200 of Love2Shop vouchers. (Terms & Conditions apply)