Nesco Resource is looking for a Machinist in Danbury, CT. This is a temp to hire position for the right candidate. Schedule is: Monday- Friday from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Position Overview:
The machinist will be responsible for the safe operation of machine tools used in the fabrication of low volume, machined parts. The machinist will be reporting directly to the production team. Job Duties:
- Reviewing various blueprints and making sure that parts are machined correctly.
- Operation of a manual lathe (Prototrak), milling machine (Bridgeport) and also supporting MIG/TIG welding equipment.
- Using micrometers and dial calipers.
- Maintain and track levels of raw materials used in fabrication.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- High-school education or higher.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Must have 2+ years of experience with manual prototrak.
- Must have at least 2 years of MIG/TIG welding experience.
- EDM machine experience.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Must have above average manual dexterity, hand eye coordination and mechanical aptitude.
- Must have general computer skills.
- Must be familiar with SAP software.
- Must be responsible and reliable.