The Finance department of Community Health Group is a growing team looking to build and create robust analytics of healthcare data to evaluate business objectives and drive informed decision making. Responsibilities of the department include revenue recognition, enrollment reporting and reconciliation, provider capitation, rate development reporting, corporate budget/forecast modeling and ad hoc analyses in support of the company’s business objectives. The Finance Manager will be involved in all aspects of the department but will lead developing analytics of healthcare data and rate development reporting.
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS:
Works closely with all corporate departments necessary to ensure that processes, programs and services are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner in accordance and compliance with CHG policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and applicable state and federal regulations including DHCS, DMHC, and CMS.
- Use data analytics and business knowledge to manage the research, identification, and analysis of data to evaluate trends, issues, and programs.
- Manages and assists in routine analytical reporting on enrollment, revenue, provider capitation payment process, and reconciliation of revenue.
- Manages and assists in the preparation and analysis of Rate Development reporting required to set California Medicaid (Medi-Cal) capitation rates.
- Manages and assists in the analysis and preparation of financial, statistical, and other regulatory reports.
- Act as a healthcare consultant by assisting in development of strategies and programs to reduce health care benefit costs and improve quality of care.
- Assists in the modeling of operating budget and forecast.
- Manages and performs special projects and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Ability to be flexible and multi task as priorities change.
- Direct supervisory responsibility which includes performance reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or related field is required.
- Master’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial analysis, planning, health care economics, health care policy, statistical modeling, business decisions, analysis, or business management.
Excellent analytical, planning, problem solving, verbal and written skills to communicate complex ideas.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Excel and SQL programing or equivalent relational database management tool. Experience with Tableau a plus. Specific technical skills may be superseded with quick and adaptable learning aptitude.
Community Health Group, a locally based non-profit health plan, we are committed to serving the underserved populations in our market. We have consistently been recognized for our outstanding customer service from staff, community, providers, member and employers. We were recently recognized as one of the “Top Workplaces in San Diego”. We are accredited by NCQA and have been recognized for our quality initiatives especially as it relates to HEDIS scores. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: Finance Manager
Location: Chula Vista,
Apply for this job now.