Controls System Engineer
Location: Tyburn Trading Estate, B24 9QG
Purpose of the Controls System Engineer
Working with current engineering team in designing standard control systems for our new machines / products. Lead all standard software activities for product range. Set all controls standards and set procedures. Lead all controls / software engineering activities / commissioning activities on projects.
You are employed as Controls Systems Engineer / Commissioning Engineer or in such other capacity as the Employer shall reasonably require. You may from time to time be required to carry out duties not necessarily associated with your Job Title.
Controls System Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing from concept control systems for standard machines and robot cells.
- Create Standard Products - Varying in functions to improve division capabilities
- Create Controls Engineering standards and practices to various products.
- Create Controls standard product library to improve design efficiencies.
- Review current developed products and enhance capabilities.
- Evaluate current manufacturing process and recommend alternatives to improve profitability.
- For Lead positions we would look for the ability to manage and motivate a team of engineers to get the best output.
- Develop test procedures and controls standard documentation.
- Writing detailed controls / software functional design specifications
- Control Panel build and design
- Controls project management from concept to installation
- Providing technical support to customers when required
- Providing relevant electrical support and relevant supervision of projects.
- Project management from concept to installation
- The configuration of system architecture, network connections.
- Machine build, testing and commissioning
- Interacts with clients on daily basis, and offer best suitable engineering proposal to clients where possible.
- Open and maintain customer relations & Good working practises on client sites.
Control System Engineer Requirements:
- 5 GCSE, NVQ Level 3, ONC/D, HNC, C&G 2330, 18th Ed.
- Software Engineering Degree and/or Electrical qualifications
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with at least 10 years' experience in automation or complex Machine build systems
- Knowledge of the relevant industry
- Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
- Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
- Experience of PLC programming of Siemens S7 and / or Siemens TIA Portal as well as Rockwell Automation Logix platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly able to write in an engaging manner to suit a variety of audiences
- Ability to process and interpret complex information
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to manage own workload
- Ability to work flexibly
- Team player
- Ability to negotiate
- Ability to make decisions and use own initiative
- Creative, comes up with ideas
- Prepared to learn new skills
- Ability to work shifts in a 24/7 environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher
- Willing to participate in presentations
If you think that you