Reports to: Director of IT Systems
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM / 40 hours a week
The Systems Developer/Programmer position is responsible for providing both application support and new development for in-house applications becoming a product and service Subject Matter Expert (SME). This gives the chance to work in all phases of the SDLC and providing technical expertise in designing, implementing, and servicing business applications. Also, being the catalyst for improvements and ideas, as well as being team and project leaders for undertaking application implementations and upgrades.
- Analyze/design/code/test/implement applications according to company/industry best practices and standards.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Full life cycle development including new development, maintenance and design.
- Develop and maintain documentation according to team standards.
- Monitor the performance and stability of applications.
- Develop options and propose recommendations.
- Provide on-call support and troubleshooting.
- Establish robust and professional operating environments for applications.
- Develop/validate/maintain business recovery procedures and application troubleshooting practices.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred.
- Highly motivated, assertive self-starter that is goal-driven and detail-oriented
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- 3+ years of experience in Sybase PowerBuilder 10.5 or greater
- Experience developing pb applications for the web.
- Experience with EAServer (Jaguar) 3.5 or greater.
- WPF and Rich Internet application development experience a plus
- Working knowledge of XML, CXML and related technologies.
- C# and .NET experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with multi-tier applications.
- Experience with SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 12.5 database. Good SQL skills including stored procedures and triggers.
- Documentation experience including technical and techno functional documentation.
- Team-oriented and dependable with well-developed interpersonal skills and work habits.
- Ability to adhere to best practices and programming standards.
- Microsoft Certifications such as: MCSD, etc…would be a plus.
- Able to work overtime when necessary.
The Systems Developer/Programmer position does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. The employee must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
A moderate amount of travel out of the Houston area as well as overnight travel will be expected.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 3 years or more of hands on working experience
No Agencies Need to Respond.
Wholesale Electric Supply is a global provider of high-quality products and comprehensive services for the industrial and commercial markets. From our beginnings in 1949 to our now global company, we continue to focus on our customers. Our experience proves our consistency for providing superior customer solutions to the world. We continue to grow worldwide as well as right in our hometown, making sure all customers needs are fulfilled.
We are much more than a products supplier; Wholesale Electric Supply provides customized solutions and services designed to ensure that projects are completed on-time and within budget. We are distributors of quality electrical products serving the engineering, construction, petrochemical, commercial, OEM, and utility industries.
Role: Systems Developer/Programmer
Apply for this job now.