Teaching Personnel are seeking Behaviour Mentors and Teaching Assistants to work on a 1:1 both inside and outside of the classroom with children who present more challenging behaviour.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Confident to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Confident to manage challenging behaviour and work with disengaged students.
- Maths and English skills, so that you can effectively support students with Functional Skills Maths and English.
- Willing to support in both practical and classroom based workshops.
- Confident to report to your line manager (Additional Learning Support Co- Ordinator) on a daily basis so that progress of the students can be monitored and assessed.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, resilient and calm natured to help engage these students and effectively manage any challenging behaviour that may arise. You will be expected to have difficult conversations with the students when necessary and work in a small groups or 1:1 setting. Although this role may be challenging, it is incredibly rewarding and we are hoping to appoint someone who is able to form a strong relationship with these pupils and build a great rapport.
Candidates who typically work well in this kind of role may have the following experience:
- Youth/Community work experience
- SEN experience
- Residential support/care worker
- Sports coaching
- Team Teach
- Youth Offending Services
- Challenging behaviour within family
- Teaching/Learning support Assistance
If you are interested in this role click the apply button now!