Duration: open-ended assignment, currently scheduled for 14+ months
Pay Rate: $38.50/ hour, targeted, based on experience
The Contract Manager position provides general contracting support including contract drafting, negotiation, training and general legal issue spotting as it relates to contracts. This role requires the incumbent to be a Paralegal or J.D. The Contract Manager position also provides guidance to staff in the development and execution of contracts and ensures that policies and processes of the Contract Administration Group support the best interests of the business.
- The Contract Manager works closely with the Law Department and business teams to draft and negotiate complex legal documents including Service Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Research Collaboration Agreements, Research Funding Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements and other related contracts, training materials, templates and supporting documents.
- The Contract manager independently reviews agreement revisions proposed by third parties, identifies modifications and negotiates issue resolution, including attorneys and internal clients where necessary.
- The Contract Manager collaborates with relevant personnel to finalize and execute documents and facilitates effective communication among legal department personnel and internal clients.
- The Contract Manager is responsible for the contract management processes, systems and databases, including agreement request system and agreement database.
- The Contract Manager provides guidance to Contract Specialists as needed and coordinates with the managing attorney on the daily operations of the Contract Management group.
- The Contract Manager evaluates various contract templates for compliance to evolving business or regulatory requirements, including recommending and implementing revisions and initiating the development of new templates.
- The Contract Manager contributes to establishment and revision of group and business policies.
- A Bachelors’ degree is required. A Paralegal or J.D. degree is required.
- 8-10 years related legal experience is required.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication and negotiation skills and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels and across functions are required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and strong presentation skills are required.
- The ability to effectively manage a variety of contracts, analyze results and generate reports using Word, Excel, prepare presentations in PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to work with tracked changes and versions control in documents is required.
- Experience in contract drafting and ability to independently create legal texts and legal letters are required.
- Legal negotiation skills and the ability to think creatively and reach compromises on material terms are required.
- A successful candidate will have experience drafting and negotiating multiple type agreements such as R&D and Commercial Service agreements.
- Candidate must be results-oriented and have strong team work skills.
Please note - this is not a remote position - candidate is expected to work onsite.
About The Fountain Group:
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with operations in all 5 regions, The Fountain Group is a Contingent Labor Resource Provider. The Fountain Group services clients directly, clients with an internal contingent labor program, and clients with an external managed service program.
At The Fountain Group, we know that searching for a new career can be stressful, which is why we take time to understand your skills and personal goals. We understand the importance of job flexibility and professional growth, and offer top-notch positions with leading employers. In fact, the majority of our clients are well known Fortune 100-500 companies. We also offer a variety of benefits to our associates to ensure their overall happiness.
In addition to assisting with your job search, we will help you through every step of the process offering online tutorials and additional resources to enhance your industry knowledge and skills. As your employment agent, we are dedicated to providing career counseling and job advice, knowing precisely what established companies want.
At The Fountain Group, we treat you like family, regardless of your proximity to our office. We are dedicated to providing you with an exciting, challenging and highly rewarding place to work. Become a part of our team today and let us put your talents to work.
If you are interested in hearing more about the position please respond to this email with a copy of your resume in word form with the best contact info Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues
Role: Contracts Manager
Apply for this job now.