Human Resources AdvisorDepartment:
Human Resources Reporting to:
Assistant HR Manager Supervisory responsibilities:
Human Resources Assistant About us:
Epson Telford Limited was established in 1987, we are on a 50-acre site and operate a 24/7 manufacturing site.
We are the only European manufacturing and distribution site for ink cartridges and textile inks.
These products are shipped to an Epson warehouse in Germany where they are then distributed throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Quality and innovation is at the heart of everything we do, from our Cleanroom environment to our in-house machinery, design and technology improvements from which we use our own Epson 6-axis robots.Position Summary:
Working within a small HR department in a manufacturing environment, reporting into the Assistant HR Manager they will provide support to the HR function, employees and managers on a generalist basis covering all elements of HR from on boarding of staff to providing advice and guidance on processes and procedures.Main job functions:
Required to play a huge part in advising, coaching and guiding managers regarding consistent and appropriate application of HR policies and procedures such as disciplinary, grievance, performance and attendance.
With a key focus on recruitment you will be required to support line managers and our resourcing Partners in recruitment activity, providing them with the relevant selection tools and best practice to ensure we are attracting talent, and have the confidence to educate and support line managers to ensure implementation of the performance cycle.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide HR support to the business areas; working with managers and employees to provide people management and development advice, legal direction, challenge and support.
- Provide specialist advice and instruction to managers who are leading the resolution of ER cases and day to day case management, working with managers to identify team and individual capability levels and gaps within teams that affect performance.
- Manage end-end of employment life cycle.
- Contribute to the review and update policies and procedures in line with legislative requirements and best practices.
- Support with conducting interviews with volume recruitment drives and coach our hiring managers.
- Ensuring that all new starters and existing employees have the right to work in the UK.
- Ensuring that investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters are well managed and meet the requirements of company.
- Management and reporting of companywide absence figures and control of sickness cases working with occupational health.
- Ensuring all relevant employees have up to date vehicle forms on file and completed authorisation form with a regular review.
- Ensure manpower across the company is monitored and reported daily, weekly and monthly in line with line managers.
- Ensure effective 'onboarding' arrangements are in place for new starters.
- Agency SLA overview and ;
- Completion of weekly and monthly report data.
- Ensure that our departmental SLA’s are met at all times
- To work with other members of the HR team to produce reports as required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work well within a team.
- Highly organized.
- Committed on-going development.
- Have a friendly and professional manner.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Fully CIPD qualified – essential.
- ILM Level 3 – desirable.
- IoSH – desirable.
- An understanding of FMCG, Manufacturing or Distribution (would be advantageous).
- Confident in being out on site with shop floor visibility, building effective working relationships with our staff, site management teams.
- Management of disciplinary through to dismissal along with the ability to handle complex grievance issues.
- Previous experience in an advisory role.
- Competitive Salary.
- KPI related bonus.
- Pension Scheme up to 12 % employer contributions.
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary.
- Voluntary lifestyle benefit scheme.
- 31 days holiday (incl Bank holidays).
- Discounted Epson products and consumables.
- Onsite occupational health and physiotherapist.
- Free eye tests.
- EAP support program.
- Company Sick Pay scheme.
- Free secure parking onsite.