Job Title: Finance Assistant/Credit Controller
Salary: Up to £20,000 per annum
Based: Manchester / Home based (Manchester Area)
Contract Type: Permanent
The Growth Company have a fantastic new vacancy open for a Finance Assistant to provide a finance processing function for all legal entities and business units. As an Assistant you will be responsible for accounts payable, receivable, cash allocation and banking whilst ensuring the integrity and completeness of data that is input to manual and computerised systems.
The Growth Company (GC) is a not-for-profit, commercially driven organisation where we offer exciting and rewarding careers to our employees. By joining us you can make a real difference to people’s lives and the success of our business.
- Process purchase to the appropriate finance ledgers (including staff expense claims and learner payments).
- Credit control
- Reconciliation of Supplier Statements.
- Produce the weekly creditor BACS run and dispatch supplier remittances.
- Maintain all ledgers in adherence to the agreed company authorisation matrix.
- Issue Petty Cash as requested.
- Process cheque and cash payments and all relevant banking that is associated with this.
- Complete daily Bank Reconciliations.
- Raise Ad-Hoc Payments as requested and post the cash to the ledgers.
- Deal efficiently and effectively with queries raised both internally and externally.
- Organised, flexible, strong personal communicator, good team player.
- Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply GC values: Make a positive difference, stronger together, empower people, do the right thing, build on success.
- Litigation experience would be advantageous
- A solid foundation of practical experience working within a financial environment, with in depth knowledge of Credit Control
- Excellent IT Skills including knowledge of Excel and Agresso.
- Experience working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Efficient customer service skills.
GC has now committed to 'Ban the Box’. Ban the Box is a campaign to increase opportunities for people with convictions to compete for jobs. We’re supporting the campaign by removing conviction questions at the applications stage