For over fifty years, the Moran Group of companies has focused on life safety and life comfort across the nation. Headquartered in Northbrook, IL, the Moran Group provides a full spectrum of mechanical services for the commercial, industrial, and residential markets: HVAC installation and maintenance, fire protection, and plumbing.
The Moran Group prides itself on nurturing its employees to promote career development and retention. At the Moran Group, employees are considered partners and are valued for their part in the company’s growth.
F.E. Moran is a company within the Moran Group that is located in Northbrook, IL and provides HVAC installation in new construction for a variety of markets and plumbing for new and existing properties in both the residential and commercial markets.
Located in our Champaign, IL. facility and reporting to the President, the Lead Estimator Commercial Sprinkler will support Project Managers and Sales teams. Determine costs associated with new projects, planning, preparing bids and cost data for management purposes.
- Prepares estimates for Sprinkler systems.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and understand specifications and blueprints.
- Sprinkler industry knowledge.
- Minimum 3 years' experience preparing estimates; preferably Sprinkler systems.
- Strong math aptitude and analytical skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PC environment and MS Office programs including Outlook, Word Quick Pen and Excel.
- Must be customer oriented and motivated with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks under time constraints and strict deadlines.
- CAD/BIM Experience a plus.
Family owned 3rd Generation Mechanical Contracting company, 100% management approval rating!
Role: Lead Estimator - Fire Protection
Apply for this job now.