Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £35000 - £45000/annum
Professional, Capable Production Planner required for a large manufacturing company based near Stourport.
Excellent opportunity for an experienced planner/scheduler who has the ability to push a busy production office to its full potential
Purpose of the role:
To create and follow a professional production planning and scheduling system with reference to capacity and to meet customer expectations on timely delivery by performing the following duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Become fully conversant with the company's products both in terms of their build structure and capabilities.
* Develop a good awareness of the manufacturing machinery in all departments and their capacities.
* Perform time and motion studies to prove off both established and any new costings.
* Liaise with Sales and Contracts departments to determine customer requirements
* Accurately predict how long each job/project will take to complete
* Develop a production schedule detailing all tasks and when they should be completed to meet predicted completion date
* Monitor each job/projects progress through the relevant departments to ensure it is following the schedule
* Troubleshoot problems that occur during production including staff shortages and machinery breakdown
* Organise all paperwork including purchase orders and maintain records
* Monitor stock levels and raw material costs
* Collect and asses data about the production team's performance
* Prepare reports about production processes and have regular production update meetings with Management including suggestions of ways to improve efficiency.
* To gain a full understanding and command over the Companies computer system in the areas that relate to your specific role.
* To provide full job cover for colleagues/subordinates in their absence.
* Monitor and control all relevant procedures to ISO 9000
* Adherence at all times to the company's health and safety policy.
* Any other duties requested by management.
The right candidate must:
* Be experience planning/scheduling for a large manufacturing company
* Be able to push the planning department to its full potential
* Ability to spot flaws and problem solve
* Excellent communication skills
Hours: Monday to Thursday 7am to 4pm, Friday 7am to 1pm