~ Children's Social Worker (AYSE) ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Liverpool City Council to provide them with a Newly Qualified Social Worker to join their Children Protection Service.
3 months agency contract which is likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Hours - 35 Hours per week.
Location - Liverpool, L7 1PH.
Rate of Pay - £18 - £22 per hour - Negotiable depending on experience following a successful interview.
*** This is fantastic opportunity for a Newly Qualified Social Worker to take up their first contract within a local authority. (Previous candidates have gone on to secure permanent contracts upon completion of this, further demonstrating the opportunities at hand) ***
To contribute to the operational delivery of an effective Children's Social Care Service as part of a team responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and young people continuously improving outcomes.
- Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and Children's Social Care in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
- Be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, evidence based tools, critical reflection and analysis to inform this.
- Model critical reflection and evidence based decision making and support others in developing these.
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge of the range of theories and models for social work intervention with individuals, families, groups and communities and the methods derived from them.
- Identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Deliver protective and/or supportive services for children at risk, in need and/or looked after.
- Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high risk situations. Model and help others develop communication skills
- Attend and represent the department at a range of multi-disciplinary forums and undertaking the role of Chair as required.
- Undertake direct work with children, young people and their families in line with Children in Need, Child Protection and Care plans.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Reference contact details covering your last Five years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
- Enhanced DBS & Barred list check. (Children)
- Social Work Degree.
- HCPC Registered / Social Work England.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier t