As a Server, you assist the food and beverage team in making sure that every single guest enjoys the experience. How so? You accurately take food and beverage orders, relay orders to kitchen for preparation, deliver prepared food to guests, while providing superior guest service. You will also provide a vital link between our guest and the kitchen staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Guarantee guest service is professional, helpful, thorough and timely
- Possess full knowledge of bar and menu items and be able to make recommendations.
- Accurately take food and beverage orders in a timely manner.
- Verify guests that purchase alcohol are at least 21 years of age.
- Coordinate and assist with reserved seating tactics.
- Consistently use suggestive selling techniques.
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to ensure that food orders are accurate.
- Deliver food and beverage orders within established time frames once the entire order is completed.
- Follow Sequence of Service policy for all guest transactions.
- Ensure proper use of hearing impaired equipment.
- Ensure cleanliness of auditoriums.
- Assist with crowd control and seating of guests as needed.
- Cognizant of issues with movie projections-communicating with management or the projectionist when issues arise.
- Attend and participate in trainings and meetings.
- Inform management of guest complaints and or maintenance requests.
- Complete all opening, mid and closing procedures- including but not limited to side work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient guest service, administrative and follow-up skills
- Proof of age. (Associates who will be serving, pouring, or mixing alcoholic beverage will need to be 18 and in some states 21).
- Knowledge of basic food handling regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior guest service.
- Have a high aptitude for math and cash handling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Obtain any necessary alcohol service licensing requirements.
- Ability to lift up and transport up to 20 pounds 75 yards on a regular basis.
- Comfortable communication and cooperation with guests, supervisors, peers, vendors or partners.
- Able to navigate POS.
- Time management.
- Proper cash handling etiquette.
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, traversing stairs and bending on a frequent basis.
- Knowledge of company policy and procedure.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be added at any time per the business needs.
Cinépolis USA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Cinépolis USA is a leading world-class cinema exhibitor that offers guests enhanced movie-going experiences through its “Cinépolis Luxury Cinemas” and “Cinépolis” theater concepts. The Dallas, TX based theater chain opened its first theater in the US in Del Mar, CA in July 2011. Cinépolis USA has some of the top performing theaters in the country. Currently operating a total of 21 theaters with a presence in Southern California, Florida, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Ohio and Texas. Additional theaters across the U.S. are planned to open in the next few years. Its Mexico based parent company, Cinépolis, is the fourth largest and the second most visited movie theater exhibitor in the world.
Location: La Costa,
Apply for this job now.