We are seeking a USDA Supervisorto join our team! Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the USDA Supervisor has the responsibility of overseeing, directing and coordinating activities of workers engaged in the production, cleaning, sanitizing and readying of the plant for production of high-quality products. This person will also be responsible for planning, developing and implementing new methods and procedures to improve the cleaning of equipment and other parts of the plant necessary for proper and efficient operation.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in food manufacturing or industrial sanitation procedures. B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Management or equivalent work experience preferred.
- HACCP and SQF certifications are preferred.
- USDA experience is preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions.
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Interprets company policies to workers and train/enforces safety programs such as HazCom and Lockout/Tagout.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Train and/or arrange for training of new employees. Maintain regular schedule of training updates for all employees.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Latitude 36 Foods, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
Latitude 36 Foods dba Hyde & Hyde, is the leading supplier of salad condiments to the fresh-cut produce industry and offers custom packaging and co-packing for CPG's, Retail Chains and Food Service since 1975.
We offer a great working environment that is challenging and fast-paced. In addition, we offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Employer Match, Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay. This is a great opportunity to contribute to the growth of a highly successful company and be clearly recognized for your achievements!
Role: Production Supervisor
Apply for this job now.