Sports Tours&Events Sales Consultant
Location: Derby, DE24 8HR
Salary:£19,000 - £24,000 dependent upon experience plus additional on-target earnings of £2,000 - £6,000.
Employment Status: Full-time, permanent.
At Sports Tours, utilising our passion for sport to create exciting tours and festivals, both at home and oversees, is at the heart of what we do. Sports Tours was established in 1989 and we are an independent, family-run business based in Derby.
We organise a comprehensive package which is comprised of travel arrangements, accommodation, excursions, fixtures, full itinerary planning and insurance.
THE POSITION - Travel Sales Consultant
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Consultant to join our team. After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for selling sports tours and festivals to a variety of destinations.
After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for selling tours to a variety of destinations.
The main duties of the Sales Executive are:
- Taking enquiries from clients via telephone, e-mail, internet or in person.
- Advising clients of the best solutions to their requirements.
- Compiling profitable and attractive quotations for clients and ensuring regular contact is maintained throughout the process.
- Liaising with airlines, accommodation centres and other suppliers.
- Carrying out occasional sales visits/presentations to the Party Leader and/or group; these may include face-to-face meetings with leaders and parents’ evenings.
- Researching and undertaking destination and accommodation inspection trips (in the UK and overseas) where appropriate.
- Assisting in developing tours to new destinations and occasionally accompanying groups on tour.
It is expected that the successful candidate will occasionally carry out client visits / presentations. Whilst on-line meetings have become more popular recently, there may be the need for face-to-face visits. This will require flexibility as clients are located throughout the UK and visits may take place during evenings or at weekends. In addition, the Sports Tours team attend and assist with the running of the UK Festivals that we organise.
There are fluctuations to the pattern of tours / festivals that we sell and operate and, consequently, there will be peak periods throughout the year when additional hours may need to be worked in order to complete the workload. We also operate an out-of-hours emergency telephone which is covered by staff on a rotational basis during the periods that our groups are on tour. All Sales Consultants take part in the Emergency Phone Rota, however, you are not be expected to have responsibility of this until full training has been completed.
There will be opportunities to travel to the destinations that we offer through inspection visits and familiarisation trips as well as accompanying groups as a tour manager or observer.
It is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday) based at our Head Office in Derby. We do have a flexible working policy which includes the option of hybrid working between home and the office. The start date is immediate and is therefore dependent upon the successful candidate’s notice period.
Essential Skills&Experience of a Sales Executive:
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Strong administration skills
- Full UK Driving licence
Beneficial Skills&Experience of the Sales Consultant:
- Knowledge of the travel industry
- Experience of working in a sales environment
- An interest in travel
- An interest in sports
BENEFITS for the Travel Consultant
- A basic salary of £19,000 - £24,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A commission scheme based on individual sales (OTE £2,000 - £6,000)
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Cycle to Work schemes
- Contributory pension scheme
- Flexible Working Programme