A Mansfield special educational needs (SEN) school requires a KS2 classroom Teacher to start as soon as possible.
This role is teaching students of primary and secondary level, aged 3-11 years of age with complex SEND needs including Autism (ASC) moderate and severe learning difficulties (SLD). Some students are non verbal so Makaton training would be useful.
You will be teaching the national curriculum implementing differentiation based on the individual needs of the children. You will need to prepare clear teaching objectives and independent learning programmes for students, specifying how they will be taught and assessed and set clear learning targets building on the students prior attainment to maximise learning.
Qualifications and skills required for this role include;
- Must have a valid child work force DBS registered to the update service
- A Bachelors or relevant degree and qualified teaching status (we will accept applications from NQT'S from both a primary and secondary background)
- Experience teaching students with SEN in a special school environment
- Team Teach training or other training in behaviour management such as MAPA is desirable but not essential
- ASC training desirable but not essential
- Teachers who have undergone Makaton and PECS training
- Experience working with 'P' levels
- Experience working with students with complex learning difficulties
The school are looking to interview asap, If this sounds like the role for you I would love to hear from you!
Please apply with an up to date copy of your CV!