COMPANY: SINNOTT, GERING, AND SCHMITT TOWERS, INC.
Position Title: Field Technician I - Structural Steel Inspector
As a Field Technician I you will be working as a lead in a team environment performing modification inspections, tower mappings, antenna audits, tower maintenance and due diligence site walks for the purpose of installing, repairing, construction and maintaining various communication systems. As a Field Technician I you are on the front line, playing a key role in the development, and future growth of SGS Towers. As Field Technician I you will manage all on site tasks and be responsible for producing timely and detailed field reports once the inspections are complete.
Essential Job Functions
- Safely lead a team to conduct on-site visual and hands-on inspection(s) of all tower modifications.
- Review construction inspections and additional pertinent reports provided by the General Contractor (GC) for conformance to the Contract Documents and applicable client standards.
- Inspect and document modification construction conformance/nonconformance of workmanship and configuration in accordance with the contract documents and applicable client standards.
- Lead a team to perform climbed tower structural mappings, inventory mappings, maintenance inspections and site audits.
- Strict attention to detail, organization and complete all given tasks with the highest level of quality workmanship.
- Read and understand structural and architectural specifications, and design drawings related to telecommunications, commercial and residential design.
- Comply with all safety policies and industry regulations, including, but not limited to OSHA, NATE and SGS Safety Manual.
- Maintain safe habits and practices with regard to safety requirements on site.
- Ensure frequent communication with Area Manager.
- Be capable of leading a team with scanning, probing, digging and drilling in order to obtain foundation dimensions and steel reinforcement on all cell phone tower types.
- Responsible for all tools and safety equipment assigned to you.
- Writing and preparing reports that detail results after inspection.
- Ability to calculate ratios, percentages, surfaces, volumes, etc. & basic algebra and geometry knowledge.
- Be trained, qualified, and capable of safely climbing all tower legs, faces etc. while inspecting elevated work as necessary
- Be trained, qualified, and capable of performing climber rescue
- High School Diploma plus experience or Associates Degree (engineering coursework preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) (engineering coursework preferred)
- CPR & First Aid (preferred, not required)
- Comtrain (preferred, not required)
- OSHA 10/30 (preferred, not required)
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record to operate a company vehicle.
- Have a minimum of two years active documented steel inspection experience or tower industry inspection experience.
- Must be located near a major airport for this position due to travel requirements.
- Experience with metal inspection
- Experience working at heights
- Experience working outdoors and traveling
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent work ethic
- Customer oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Works well in a team environment and independently.
- Team Leader
Role: Field Technician I - Structural Steel Inspector
Apply for this job now.