Offering a competitive rate of pay, a dynamic and friendly working environment, and a secure position within an established company, we are looking for a hardworking Heavyside Yard Operative to assist in the day to day operations at our busy Builders Merchant yard in Chadwell Heath.
Founded in 1875 Nicholls and Clarke Group are a manufacturer, distributor and retailer of building materials throughout the UK with a network of retail and distribution centres. We have a committed team of over 850 people supplying building materials to the trade and retail markets.
Hours: 47.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 06:30 to 04.30 one week and 08.30 to 18.30 following week & alternate Saturdays from 08.00 to 12.00.
Responsibilities of the Heavyside Yard Operative:
- Assisting customers on a daily basis
- Providing excellent customer service
- Handle and maintain yard stocks
- Ensure stock is displayed to its best advantage
- Work as part of our close-knit external team of staff
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Picking and checking orders
- Storing stock safely
- Maintaining a tidy and safe working environment
- A minimum of 2 years heavy side yard operative experience
- Previous experience in a Builders Merchants is essential
- A Forklift licence and experience is essential
- You should have a likeability factor in order to best assist customers
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Hard working
- Physically fit
- A positive and encouraging attitude
- Good attention to detail
- A competitive pay package
- Perkbox Rewards and Discount scheme
- Substantial staff discounts
- Training and development opportunities
- A friendly, close-knit working environment
- Holiday scheme which rewards length of service with a holidays buy or sell back scheme.
This Yard Operative role will require references.