Century Communities, Inc. (CCS on the NYSE) is a rapidly growing New Home Builder that has an expanding presence in California. We are currently looking for a Land Development Superintendent to join our team. his position is responsible for all plan procurement, site construction activities, contract negotiation and procurement related to the Horizontal Land Development for each project to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget
- Assists management of the land entitlement/approval process, including scheduling and managing outside consultants, coordinating meetings with governing jurisdictions and municipalities.
- Maintains and monitors land development budgets on a weekly basis.
- Manages scopes of works for subcontractors related to land development construction process.
- Assists the Director of Land Development with the preparation of bid packages and managing contract procurement for each scope of work related to their project.
- Assists land acquisition department with the due diligence process including all due diligence reports (soils, environmental, etc.).
- Develops and maintains land development schedules for each project.
- Manages all land development field operations on a daily basis.
- Coordinates with the account department, as needed, for approving subcontractor payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred, but not required. Desirable study concentration in construction management.
- Three plus years of successful project management/expediting experience with a production residential or multi-family builder.
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of residential construction.
- Experience in managing multiple projects
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word; familiar with SharePoint).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment while remaining calm and positive.
- Ability to effectively work with managers and employees at all levels and develop positive relationships and a productive culture.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Has a "roll-up-your-sleeves" personality and is comfortable working “hands-on.”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Attention to detail
- Very organized with systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency
At Century Communities, we know it takes hammers and nails to build a house but it also takes passion, vision, integrity and quality to create YOUR home. Everything we do, from selecting locations, designing the architecture and integrating everyday efficiencies into our homes, reflects our deepest consideration and respect for our customers. Century Communities does more than build beautiful homes. We work side by side with people each and every day to help them achieve their goals and fulfill their dreams.
Our homes are where memories are made, families are raised and stories unfold. Our mission is to create thriving, enduring neighborhoods by building new homes with lasting livability. Visit one of our communities today and let us help you achieve your dream of finding the right home.
Founded in 2002, Century Communities is traded on the New York Stock Exchange, and is a Top 10 U.S. Homebuilder and in 2017 was ranked 26th among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies. The Company builds single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums and flats in select metropolitan locations in 12 states across the West, Mountain, Texas and Southeast Regions.
Role: Land Development Superintendent
Apply for this job now.