Are you a fully qualified Teacher who is looking for a more flexible work schedule, or need to supplement your current income?
We work very closely with the Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire Local Authorities to provide focused 1:1 tuition to pupils throughout Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire.
The referrals that we receive are for children who are not in education and are awaiting school placements, and many of the children may be vulnerable.
The learners need the support for various reasons, and these can vary from 1 hour a week to 5 hours a day Monday to Friday; this will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Tuition gives the flexibility of managing your own time and allows you to work with as many pupils as your schedule will allow. Learners may require tuition for a variety of reasons, including:
- Behavioural difficulties (Pupils excluded from school and are waiting on a new placement)
- Emotional needs, such as high levels of Anxiety, Attachment Disorder or Childhood Trauma
- School Refusers or School-phobic
- Medical needs
- Relocation to a new area and waiting for a school placement
- Improvements in grades needed
Most of the tuition is cross-curricular; however, the core focus will be on English and Maths. The referrals that we receive will be for children from Year 1 up to College age, so Primary and Secondary specialists are encouraged to apply. Tuition will best suit teachers who need the flexibility and would like to manage their own diary or are looking to utilise their teaching skills outside of a school environment.
The successful candidate would be required to teach in person and through online lessons, depending on the pupils' requirement. You will be required to plan, deliver and mark work for students, as well as completing weekly reports to record progress, attendance and engagement. To be considered, you will need to be:
- Confident with virtual software
- Qualified Teacher or qualified with a relevant Degree
- Have previous experience teaching or tutoring children
- Be comfortable working with children who have a wide range of needs, including Autism, SEMH and anxiety
- Have some knowledge or experience working with LAC pupils
- Be comfortable in delivering prepared work to pupils, and completing weekly progress reports
If you are experienced as a tutor or are a Fully Qualified Teacher, please contact Ruby Sutcliffe on 0115 670 0105 or #removed# to apply for the role, or if you would like more details.