TIER 1 MAIN CONTRACTOR
This is a unique opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a market-leading Tier 1 Main Contractor that complete a diverse range of projects across the Sussex, Surrey, Kent and Hampshire areas. They have a long successful trading history dating to over 50 years, with works being completed in the Commercial, Residential, Education, Healthcare & Leisure sectors with projects ranging up to £50M. Their approach has led to them receiving various industry recognised accreditations and having a reputation in construction as completing technical projects and delivering a high build quality across their portfolio.
Looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to be based at one of their offices, you will have a strong main contracting background working on project values of £500k - £10M, Ideally you will possess a constructed-related qualification and will have extensive experience in buying, surveying and the cost control aspects of construction projects.
Duties & responsibilities of the position include:
* Preparing the client applications, variation accounts, procurement schedule, warranty tracking and maintaining procurement
* Assembling sub-contract orders
* Preparation and submission of tender packages
* Attending regular meetings with the client and also design team
* Knowledge of pre-construction reviewing contract, design and cost plan budgets
* Experience of formulating bill of quantities from drawings and specification
* Performing site measurements and valuations alongside subcontractor request, containing issues of payment and withholding notices.
The successful candidate will possess the following experience / qualifications:
* Degree in Quantity Surveying
* Experience working on a broad base of main contracting projects
* Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and organisational skills
* Confident problem solver and decision maker that thrives well under pressure
* A team player that adopts a pro-active approach to their work
* Able to use their knowledge to mentor and support other members of the team
* Proficient in report writing and gathering required information
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Role: Quantity Surveyor
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Not Specified,
Apply for this job now.