A quick note from our recruiter: This is one of the few roles at Apto Payments where being based in the Bay Area is a requirement. That being said, we can be very flexible with work from home days, and working remotely for non-prolonged stints when desirable! If you apply from a different location, it will be assumed that you are intending to relocate.Background
Apto Payments is transforming the card issuance industry. We help companies issue new kinds of cards with a better cardholder experience by removing constraints and enabling new use cases. Founded in 2014 as Shift Payments, the company worked with Coinbase to launch the first Bitcoin debit card. Today, as Apto, our mission is ambitious, creating new ways to connect people to their assets - crypto and non-crypto - by helping companies successfully launch innovative, user-centric card programs.
Apto is a Series A company, headquartered in San Francisco. We are focused on growing our business in a responsible way, building best-in-class products while managing regulatory and financial risk. We're motivated to empower developers' and customers to design and build the next generation of can't-live-without card products. The Role & Opportunity
We are looking for an extraordinary Senior Compliance Officer to help build the future of payments. You will be reporting directly to our CEO, and will have full ownership of Apto's compliance and audit function.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Impact & Work
- Ownership of BSA, AML, and SAR management. You will not need to be our BSA officer, but that would be a bonus.
- Risk assessments - continually work to identify shortfalls/exploits in our compliance program.
- Policy management - maintaining a robust policy lifecycle.
- Compliance audits - to be conducted both internally and externally.
- Compliance training - ensuring our team is up to date on the latest guidelines.
- Documentation - making sure our compliance policies are organized and easy to access.
- Vendor management - working with our vendors to ensure they meet our compliance standards.
- You will be the POC for our bank partners, as well as vendors and customers, as needed.
- Business Continuity Planning - While not a requirement for this role, we would view experience in this area as a bonus.
Part of Apto's value proposition is to help companies address and comply with complicated and evolving banking and payments related rules and regulations. Your work as our Senior Compliance Officer will enable us to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace as the go-to, full-stack solution for efficiently launching the most innovative card programs. About You
You are a detail-oriented, continuous learner in the financial compliance domain. You exhibit good judgement on when to follow rigid guidelines, and conversely, when a risk-based approach to compliance is necessary and in everyone's best interest.
- You bring recent, hands-on, experience in all areas listed in the "Role and Opportunity" section of this job description.
- You have 5+ years of compliance experience at a financial organization.
- You take pride in maintaining air-tight compliance procedures.
- You're continuously curious - about our industry, and the world that surrounds you in general.
- You are able to work independently for the most part, but can easily collaborate when necessary.
- You want to grow and lead a team in the future.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fully-paid healthcare for you and dependants
- Stipend for ongoing professional development
- Work with a diverse team of impact-driven individuals
- Flexible hours and work from home days (fully remote during COVID-19)
- Opportunity to impact financial solutions for millions of people around the world
Prospective Talent and Job Applicant Privacy Notice *
When you apply to a job on this site, any personal data you provide, or which is collected as part of this process, will be processed by Apto Payments in order to manage its recruitment and hiring related activities. Under European data protection laws, your rights may include the right to access, port, erase, restrict, rectify or object to the processing of your personal data or where we rely on consent, the right to withdraw that consent.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA"), Apto Payments is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together "job applicants") about the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which we will use this information. This applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA such as:
- Personal and online identifiers (such as first and last name, email address, or unique online identifiers)
- Categories of information described in Section 1798.80(e) of the California Civil Code (such as physical characteristics or description, social security number, driver's license or state identification number, address, insurance policy number, and bank account number)
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as race or gender)
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information
- Other information about you that is linked to the personal information above