BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer, with over 60 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff.
St. Martha’s oncology unit has an opportunity for a Senior Registered Nurse to join their team of staff.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week, although job share/part time applicants would be considered. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern which reflects patient need.
Our patients are treated by Consultant Oncologists and Haematologists who offer diagnostic, treatment and supportive pathways with specialist expertise. Cutting edge technology is available on site including a dedicated oncology ward, the latest MRI and CT scanning technology and an on-site pharmacy for faster access to treatment
Caring for our patients is of the utmost importance to us, seeking to deliver exemplary personalised.
Potential Working Hours 8.00-16.00, flexing up or down based on service need.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered General Adult Nurse: level 1/ Diploma / BSc in Nursing studies.
- Evidence of an Oncology AND Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy/ Chemotherapy Qualifications e.g. academic module, course or skills/ Knowledge competency (or willingness to work towards)
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent) (or willingness to work towards)
- Please note: a trainee position may be considered for those interesting in moving specialities.
Duties of this role include:
- Administering Systemic Anti-Cancer Therapy (SACT) via multiple routes of administration and blood products
- Undertaking: venepuncture, cannulation and venesection
- Care of Central Venous Access Devices, namely implanted ports.
- Assisting in obtaining bone marrow aspirates
- Conducting pre-treatment consultations in a holistic manner and make relevant referrals for supportive care.
- Performing toxicity review patient side effects pre-treatment in collaboration with the consultant and jointly arrange ongoing care and self-management advise
- Co-ordinating the shift and prioritising patient care
- Deputising for the ward sister
- Conducting audits relating to designated link nurse responsibilities
- Support the SACT advice line.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers up to £36,000pa for this vacancy and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including: BMI Healthcare Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and Staff Pension Scheme, 25 days holiday per annum, Car Parking re-imbursement and link bus transportation from the hospital car park at London Road train station.
Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you as a BMI employee great future career opportunities all over the country.
Each member of staff will benefit from a structured development plan to grow their oncological/haematological knowledge and expertise.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Please contact Ruth Hammond 01483442707 Email: #removed#