Offering a friendly and rewarding working environment, meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the lives of young people and a range of benefits, YMCA Norfolk are looking for a Housing Support Worker to provide a safe and supportive environment for YMCA residents.
YMCA Norfolk is a local charity who supports young people and families offering meaningful accommodation, training, health and wellbeing, and family support to make a difference in the lives of young people.
Responsibilities for the Housing Support Worker:
- Implement, monitor and review individual support plans facilitating residents to lead in decisions about the support they receive
- Provide a programme of positive activities for residents to acquire life skills such as: cooking, shopping, hygiene and basic home maintenance
- Ensure residents feel included in the needs, risk and planning of the service they receive
- Ensure the health and safety, security and well-being of service users, staff and visitors
- Book time weekly with allocated residents moving from the status of recipients towards that of contributors
- Recognise tenant's abilities and skills and seek to encourage their development and use through asset based approaches
- Prepare with residents to move onto independent living
- Carry out room/property checks
- Work with residents to understand and adhere to the terms of their licence/tenancy agreement
- Respond and intervene to antisocial behaviour, undertaking restorative meetings where necessary.
- Support registering service users to the Housing Options Scheme
- Ensure the collection of rent
- Aid in any eviction process, as appropriate.
- Recent experience of working in a support or housing setting with vulnerable people with support needs
- Knowledge of housing legislation including tenancy management
- You must hold a full driving licence and have own transport
- Ability to undertake needs and risk assessment, safety and support planning
- Good understanding of safeguarding frameworks for children and young people
- Able to respond to anti-social behaviour and breaches of tenancy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A friendly, knowledgable and supportive approach
- Able and willing to work unsocial hours
Terms of Role:
- Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours a week
- Pay is £10.78 per hour
- Participating in a rota 7 days a week between the hours of 7:45am - 10:15pm for 365 days of the year
Closing date for Housing Support Worker: Monday 14th June 2021 at 9.00am.
Please note that after applying you will be sent an application form to complete.