Work for an Award Winning Company Culture!
Are you an independent, self-starting, team player with a positive attitude? Are you passionate about giving back to your community? Do you want to work for a company that we like to think as the “happiest place in mortgage” and has been voted a “Best Place to Work” for the last 14 years? Join our family at Homeowners Financial Group and you can take advantage of our great benefits.
- United Healthcare Benefits including vision, medical, life and dental
- Employee tenure program
- President's Club for both Sales and Operations staff
Who We Are: Homeowners Financial Group has over 325 employees in 32 offices across the country and has helped tens of thousands of homeowners realize home ownership. We are not your typical mortgage company: we foster a “family” environment, we give back to the community through dozens of charities and we love what we do!
Who We Want: We want a Licensed Mortgage Professional (LMP) who is responsible for developing new business, structuring and closing loans, as well as maintaining and servicing an existing portfolio. The LMP manages the customer through the entire loan process by setting expectations, taking applications, and managing closings. This involves collecting and analyzing information and documentation regarding the customer’s employment, income, assets, credit history, and debts to determine the appropriate mortgage loan financing options. This position also represents Homeowners Financial Group (HFG) in the local community through active involvement in community affairs and by participating in marketing efforts of HFG’s products and services. LMP must hold an active Mortgage Originator License through NMLS.
- Proactively solicits new residential mortgage business and originates HFG mortgage products to meet established loan quality and production goals.
- Continually identifies, develops, and maintains a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. A network is enhanced by the LMP’s regular participation in community efforts promoting homeownership, business related development opportunities, and professional organizations.
- Responds in a timely and professional manner to customer inquiries and referrals that are generated through personal contacts or HFG’s business channels. Converts company-provided leads into personal appointments.
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data and determines customer financing objectives. Advises customers of advantages and disadvantages of loan products and pricing and gathers any additional information required.
- Manages overall customer interaction and interfaces with all parties involved on each individual loan from application to closing, including but not limited to counseling and pre-qualifying potential homeowners.
- Obtains all necessary supporting documents and collects the appropriate fees.
- Negotiates terms, structures loan financing based on risk considerations, and presents credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority within HFG.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates a commitment to professional ethics, complies with all Federal and State policies, and adheres to HMDA requirements.
- Stays abreast of trends and developments in the local real estate market and competitive environment.
- Explains the available loan program and rate options to the customer and advises the customer on options for locking in a rate and loan program. When the customer wants to lock in a rate and program, the LMP documents the customer’s request to lock and confirms the locked rate/program with the Secondary Marketing Department.
- Provides monthly projections for production on a timely basis.
- May partner with Mortgage Assistants’ to provide guidance around all aspects of the sales process.
- Participates in HFG internal meetings and required training.
- Maintains a professional image and demonstrates an understanding of and follows all HFG Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in loan origination for both FHA and conventional loans with a proven track history of funding preferred.
- Active Mortgage Originator license through NMLS required in all states in which loans are originated.
- Proven sales ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provides strong customer service to internal and external customers
- Ability to develop positive relationships
- Exceptional organization and time management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Independent, self-starting, team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial data.
- Proficient PC skills to include Excel, Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information
- Experience with Encompass/ Optimal Blue/ DU/ LP/ and major origination systems preferred
- Working knowledge of mortgage industry, products, lending practices, and regulatory (federal and state) guidelines.
- Working knowledge of mortgage origination process, FNMA, FHA, VA, RD, and SAFE ACT guidelines.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job may require handling objects up to 10 pounds frequently and 20 pounds occasionally. While performing the duties described herein, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel in addition to talking and hearing. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Office environment is normally climate controlled.
Homeowners Financial Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Role: Licensed Mortgage Professional
Apply for this job now.