Provide professional case management services to enable identified individuals to make informed choices about opportunities and services, assuring timely access to needed assistance, providing opportunities and coordinating all services to meet each consumer's goals and thereby assisting them in achieving their maximum level of independent functioning.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor's degree in behavioral health related area required.
Licensure: Must possess or obtain highest level of licensure appropriate to degree. Valid driver'slicense.
Certification: Must possess or obtain highest level of certification appropriate to degree.
Experience: Experience in mental health, substance abuse or intellectual disabilities preferred.
Knowledge/Skills: Verbal/written communication skills.
Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
Ability to safely operate motor vehicle.
Computer, fax, copier, motor vehicle and any other equipment required to perform the functions of the position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Conduct interviews with individuals and/or family members in a therapeutic manner so as to obtaincritical and thorough information, provide written documentation of information obtained andexercise good judgment in evaluating situation, making decisions and implementing effectivestrategies.
- Provide assessment, service planning, crisis assistance, daily living assistance and linkage, referraland advocacy to/for referred individuals.
- Provide written documentation to complete all necessary chart work in accordance with policy onadmissions treatment and discharges in a timely manner.
- Maintain client confidentiality according to Center policies.
- Remain current in knowledge of community resources and how to access those resources.
- Keep supervisors apprised of all critical or emergency situations.
- Responds to emergency/crisis or walk-in situations calmly, rationally and in accordance with centerpolicy and procedures.
- Participate in inservice training and orientation and provide consultation and education services tothe community as requested by supervisor/administration.
- Be involved in the admission, hospital stay and discharge of individuals on caseload who are admitted to an impatient psychiatric facility.
- Must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle to ensure the delivery of community based services.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings and inservices and individual programplanning staffings as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.