Great Opportunity to join in 2020!
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it''''s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we''''re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
In the role, you will assume responsibility for leading the Order To Cash function within Hilton''''s UK Centre of Excellence. You will play a significant part in developing and implementing Order to Cash strategy for Hilton within the UK. You will be expected to work closely with, advise and recommend to Hilton''''s UK Senior Management on optimum delivery solutions which can be expected from a progressive upper quartile Order to Cash service.
The ability to support a successful Change Management programme is considered essential to the success of the role, as is the effective management of the team and relationships with 3rd Parties. The Senior Manager is also responsible for managing and developing team members as well as representing the function to leadership.
What will I be doing?
Under the direction and guidance of the Senior Director OTC (US), the post holder will be charged with advising on current best practice which can be expected to be delivered by an upper quartile Order to Cash operation. They will be instrumental in developing and delivering strategies ensuring Hilton''''s Centre of Excellence delivers a seamless, efficient and customer focused experience which maximises on output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to maximise the Receivables cash cycle is considered essential.
The OTC Area contains a heavy SOX focus and the ability to oversee and carry out SOX controls is essential.
The Senior Manager will play a central role in delivering successful change programmes which will involve maximising the benefits available to a best-in-class centralised Order to Cash service.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at all levels, both internally and with external stakeholders, and take the lead in building and maintaining strong business and 3rd Party relationships. Good project management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role. The post holder will possess the capacity to effectively contribute towards a strong customer-focused ethos while ensuring that a robust control environment is maintained.
You will assume day to day responsibility for managing, motivating and leading the Order to Cash team, engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first class service delivery. You will drive delivery of AR strategies and tightly manage the team on a day-to-day basis; this will require a meticulous attention to detail, the ability to accurately interpret key business drivers within the Order to Cash arena and to take appropriate action where necessary. You will also take ownership of the Order to Cash Service Level Agreements (SLA''''s), assuming responsibility for both development & refinement and ongoing monitoring to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met/exceeded.
Directing & Planning Activities
• Establish strategy, goals, key initiatives and priorities for the function
• Plan and direct the Order to Cash team workloads and priorities, ensuring all key department tasks are completed to scheduled timelines and checklists are updated accordingly
• Influence and motivate the team and ensure all function tasks are performed in the most efficient and effective way
• Maintain and revise, where necessary, all controls documentation in line with the organisation SOX compliance routines and deliverables
• Implement processes to support the successful conclusion of all SOX compliance testing and reviews, including peer checks, checklists and other such tools.
• Implement Analytical Tools for revenue and Witholding Taxes
• Implement and manage function processes to ensure strategy and goals are achieved
• Coordinate with third-party service providers to ensure all necessary information is compiled, reviewed, and approved, where necessary for the specific activities associated with operating a successful OTC function
• Serve as liaison for maintaining client relationships, resolving their concerns, and escalating to leadership if necessary
• Oversee all fee revenue calculations including all internal fee calculations
• Oversee all withholding Tax postings
• Oversee all termination fees
• Oversee all deferred revenue
• Oversee all Provision Postings
• Oversee all Revenue De-Recognition items
• Oversee Key Money Amortisation Forecasts
• Deal with all legal issues in complex countries like Russia, Kasachstan, Belarus
• Oversee a total change in franchise fee billing methodology including implementing a brand new system
• Liaise with the legal and tax teams on a daily basis
• Assist with all external audit queries
• Oversee all Aged Debt Reporting
• Oversee Debt Collection Function
• Own Revenue and Key Asset Management
• Evaluate the effectiveness of current processes, recommend and implement actions to streamline the processes and maximise efficiency
• Work with the locations and other functions to monitor and resolve queries and escalated items, ensuring the required collection cycles are maintained
• Oversee all monthly closing activities and month-end reporting
• Input to escalated customer inquiries or disputes ensuring prompt resolution and closure
• Review and monitor the aged debt position and manage corrective actions to ensure the cash collection cycle is optimal, as well as manage the bad debt provisioning processes
• Own the balance sheet reconciliation processes ensuring unreconciled items are cleared immediately and any aging is appropriately explained.
• Review and monitor the various calculations and reconciliations that the team are responsible for, including, but not limited to: Fees, Contingent & Key Money, Cash Sweeps, Witholding Tax
• Implement procedures to effectively track contractual fee arrangements and amendments, ensuring the timely update of data sources and procedural documents as necessary.
• Review the receivable revaluations processes and outputs
• Responsible for the reconciliation and settlement of inter-company balances
• Carry out team activities within the defined budgetary parameters, providing updates and reasoning for any divergence
• Perform bad debt provision calculations
• Review all contracts and side agreements for compliance with US GAP and Hilton Worldwide policies
• Assist with a very large sampling methodology from the external auditors on STAT and Group audits
• Perform Analytical Reviews
• Ensure all franchise accounting adjustment entries required are made and correct
• Optimise cash flow for Hilton at all times
• Ensure up to 300 new opening are integrated into all work processes per year
• Oversee reviews of complex legal agreements
• Issue a large amount of payment plans per month
• Issue a large amount of default notices per month
• Hire, supervise, evaluate OTC team members and build competence with relevant employees through training, best practice sharing
• Perform team member performance reviews, providing feedback and supporting development
• Support other functions in the provision of data and reports as requested
• Support the various Hilton audit programmes and provide the necessary information in a timely manner to ensure effective closure of requests.
• Support the business in pre-opening activities, devising a checklist process to support the team''''s deliverables
• Provide support to the Centre of Excellence Management team as required
• Support the wider organisation to ensure that their objectives are successfully delivered
• Effectively represent the Centre of Excellence operation within the wider Hilton organisation and externally
• Proactively engage in any other tasks as assigned by the Centre of Excellence Management
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
What are we looking for?
• Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, using own initiative whilst thriving in a fast paced and pressured environment, being able to handle multiple demands and appropriately prioritise responsibilities
• Capacity to perceive the impact and implications of decisions and activities on other parts of the organisation
• Experience in working in a SOX compliant controls environment
• Excellent technical accounting skills and a solid understanding of principles and practical application of US GAAP
• Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as well as support development in this area with direct reports and other team members.
• Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritise and implement all elements required for team to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goals.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
• A motivated and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers
• Committed to customer service with the ability to build, manage and maintain relationships at all levels within the organisation, projecting a hospitable service atmosphere at all times.
• Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Strong knowledge of Peoplesoft and / or other similar accounting packages and Essbase
• Previous experience of working within a Shared Services / Centre of Excellence environment
• Hospitality industry experience preferred
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
See descriptionRole: Senior Manager, Corporate Order To Cash Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Watford, England, EnglandApply for this job now.