The IT Manager is responsible for providing IT administration and support services to a pharmaceutical and medical devices company with an emphasis on data integrity and regulatory compliance; works with suppliers to manage outsourced IT services, including desktop support and maintenance; works to proactively maintain and enhance the Microsoft client/server domain infrastructure and network assets; provides IT input and recommendations in projects, audits and other activities; works with management and key vendors to monitor and ensure the availability and integrity of critical business data; assists other departments in deploying and maintaining specific applications and lab instrument software; creates internal requisitions and tracks IT spending; and works closely with third-party vendors, contractors and consultants.
· Manage all day-to-day activities in the IT environment, including hands-on work as needed
· Work with external suppliers to ensure that outsourced services such as desktop support and server administration are delivered according to the company's needs and budget
· Work with internal business partners to ensure that IT services are available to support business operations reliably
· Act as the single point of IT contact in projects, audits, change control and other activities; research, propose and deliver new IT services as needed to support the business
· Maintain a primarily Microsoft Active Directory domain environment, including all hardware and software components and applications; make recommendations on improvements and new purchases
· Maintain an accurate IT assets database and appropriate documentation of the network, servers, workstations and other inventory items
· Provide hands-on support and IT training to end users as needed
· Work with internal partners, external suppliers and consultants to ensure compliance with key regulations, including representing IT in audits
· Participate in and contribute to testing and formal validation of IT systems
· 10+ years' experience in Systems Administration, Network Administration, IT Operations, Service Desk, Service Management or related areas in an enterprise environment
· 7+ years' experience with Microsoft systems administration
o Microsoft Windows Server, Domain management, Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS and/or SCCM
o PowerShell and scripting
· 4+ years' experience managing external IT service providers
· Experience of defining and implementing IT policies, including writing documents and SOPs
· Experience of IT processes in a manufacturing and/or regulated environment
· Basic TCP/IP network administration and troubleshooting
· Good working knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, SharePoint
· A strong desire to learn new technologies and pharma/medical sector requirements with on the job training
· Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize
· Self-directed and accountable
· Ability to lift objects over shoulder height that weigh 40 pounds and cooperatively lift 80 pounds or more
· Ability to travel between two sites in Louisville as needed for day-to-day work activities
· Ability to provide after hours on-call support as needed
Additional preferred qualifications
· Bachelor of Science in an IT-related field
· Microsoft or other relevant IT certifications, including Cisco
· Experience in a laboratory and/or FDA-regulated environment
· Experience with regulations and best practices in the pharmaceutical industry
· Experience with change control and deviation processes in a manufacturing environment, e.g. CAPA
· SharePoint and Excel knowledge
· Experience of server and desktop virtualization, e.g. VMWare, Citrix
· Implementation of SAN/NAS solutions
· Business Continuity Planning, Disaster Recovery, Risk Assessment, Capacity Planning
We are a collaborative and passionate team of 85+ (and growing!) employees who are innovative, ambitious and patient-focused. We are fiercely dedicated to transforming the world of medicine through rigorous science.
At Creosalus you are empowered to think 'outside the box' and be proactive in your approach. This is a highly entrepreneurial environment where your success is determined based on your contribution, not on title. There is no red tape here - leaders have open doors and employees are encouraged to make decisions, speak their opinions and get things done.
We will hire for CULTURAL FIT as well as technical competence. We are proud of our positive and passionate culture.
Role: IT Manager
Apply for this job now.