COMPANY: INTERCONTINENTAL HOTELS
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Full Time
InterContinental Hotel Group has a unique and fantastic opportunity of Senior Groups and Events Manager to join our Family.
We are looking for a passionate Senior Groups and Events Manager to lead the team across both The InterContinental Edinburgh The George and Kimpton Charlotte Square.
As a Senior Groups and Events Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the team maintain an optimum and exceptional level of customer service to both client and agents across two properties, both the Intercontinental Edinburgh The George and Kimpton Charlotte Square.
You will train the team to ensure they have the skills and knowledge to provide a one stop service to clients looking for either event or group space. The team should be adaptable to handle both group and event enquiries. Our Senior Groups and Events Manager will work closely with the sales teams to ensure new and existing client relationships continue to develop.
The ideal candidate will be able to support the Cluster Groups Manager and Conference Office Manager in setting quarterly incentives that motivate and focus the teams, and ensure that KPI's set are being achieved and address any shortfalls
If you're looking to work for a company that can offer you flexibility and a great work life balance, IHG is the company for you!
What we need from you
We are looking for a Senior Groups and Events Manager with lots of passion, energy and warmth.
You will need to have a strong background in driving and leading Events and Groups teams and a proven track record in creating strategies that fall in line with overall long-term revenue goals. In this role you will need to liaise with the Cluster Groups Manager and Conference Office Manager in setting quarterly incentives that motivate and focus the teams - so relationship building is a must.
Having a strong understanding of the current marketplace is a must, as you will need to monitor group and events competitor pricing, understand the dynamics of the local market and demand generators, and highlight observations with Cluster Revenue Manager to make strategic changes if relevant.
What we offer
- £40,000 per annum plus great IHG perks
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days.
- Hotel wide incentive programme for all front of house and back of house team members with various rewards available monthly
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal (HAPI Benefits), which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent employee recognition programmes
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Senior Groups and Events Manager, then please click 'apply' now!
We'd love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
See descriptionRole: Senior Groups and Events Manager - InterContinental Edinburgh The George Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: Edinburgh, Scotland, ScotlandApply for this job now.