As the Assistant Manager at Shopko, you will be in charge of our top priority: Serving our Customers better than any other retailer.
We strive to accomplish this goal as individuals and as members of a team, not only in our stores, but throughout the communities we serve. This innovative approach means a career with Shopko is rewarding to your life, community, and career.
The Assistant Manager manages the day-to-day operations of the store to meet all operational and merchandising objectives. They are instrumental in teaching and modeling Shopko's high standards of quality, safety, and customer service.
Minimum Knowledge, Experience, & Skills Required:
- Relevant 4 years college degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of one year of progressive leadership experience in a retail environment.
- Proven ability to lead, coach and build teammate relationships in an environment of fast change; must be able to direct, and motivate a diverse teammate population.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems of varied scope; must be able to act decisively in implementing solutions
- Strong organizational skills for planning work and continuously monitoring progress towards goals.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) for effective management of teams.
- Must demonstrate an exemplary commitment to provide exceptional customer service.
- General knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer; working knowledge of Excel and Word and a scheduling tool such as Resource Management.
- Must be available to work early mornings, days, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the stores.
Shopko is a $3 Billion company with over 18,000 teammates. In the retail and retail health business for more than 50 years, we have over 300 stores in 24 states. Shopko continues to grow, while maintaining our hometown feel in small to mid-sized city markets. We serve our communities by providing distinctive name-brand & value apparel, home decor, and seasonal merchandise and top-quality pharmacy and optometric services.
Shopko offers a professional team-oriented work environment, career advancement opportunities, competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package!
If you are accessing this posting from another website, please submit an application at #removed#/careers.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v
We are proud to provide our local communities with a simple & friendly shopping experience, the essentials they want, and the brands they trust - all at a fair value.
We provide general merchandise, Pharmacy, and Optical services in our store formats of Shopko, Shopko Hometown, and Shopko Express.
We put our customers first. We do the right thing, always. We embrace change and innovation. We are driven to improve ourselves and our business. We are humble, self-aware and considerate. We are a team collaborating to success.
Shopko is an Equal Opportunity Employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan m/f/d/v.
Role: Assistant Store Manager
Apply for this job now.