Julie Rose Recruitment are looking for an Apprenticeship Co-ordinator to manage the Apprentice Programme for one of their clients. This is a new role due to continued success of the apprenticeship scheme. The purpose of the role is to ensure that the business is utilising opportunities and keeping in regular communication with apprentices, group leaders and to be the “go to” person.
- Liaise between heads of groups and universities to identify and match graduates to Groups/vacancies
- Run a graduate recruitment drive each year
- Manage the procedure for recruiting graduates
- Carry out aptitude testing
- Identify career fairs and work with group leaders and marketing to maximise opportunities to attract new apprentices and arrange intake days
- Manage the work experience programme and liaise with schools and managers to identify potential talent to nurture
- Advise the business on any relevant governance regarding working with young people e.g. Safeguarding/prevent etc.
- Alongside the senior hr advisor, set up mentoring programmes
- Manage the day to day training function within budget for staff and managers
- Source and arrange organisation wide training in line with business priority and individual performance reviews (recruitment, cross selling, managing performance etc.)
- Assist senior hr adviser in booking/arranging training, including booking rooms and ordering lunches
- File development requests, evaluations and records in accordance with responsibilities under iso accreditation
- Keep mandatory training records in line with iso audit requirements and run reports on non-compliance to escalate. Monitor mandatory training.
- Manage the annual leave process at the start of each year
- Set up new starters and monitor to ensure they have completed probationary training modules
- Take minutes and type up for senior hr advisor in er meetings with managers
- Complete employment and financial reference requests for existing and ex-employees
Person Specification in order of importance (although you will be expected to have many of these experiences under your belt, you will not be expected to have all of them):
- Experience in working with school age people
- Experience of presenting to and working alongside schools, universities and internal business leaders
- Demonstrable understanding of the Apprenticeship Offering and shows understanding of how to maximise upon it
- Graduate recruitment experience
- Training and developing administration and co-ordination and budget management
- Setting up of a coaching and mentoring programme
- General administration and HR experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an HR background and a strong interest and understanding of apprenticeships schemes.