In House CounselCompensation:
Robert Half is in search a Senior Legal Counsel for a client in Houston. In this role, you will lead a team of three attorneys who are responsible for supporting the commercial aspects of their North American business and who hold contributory responsibility for the support of all other business functions within the region. The Senior Legal Counsel will collaborate with his or her team and key stakeholders to ensure workable business processes within the Legal Department that contribute to the success of the company in negotiations. The Senior Legal Counsel will also provide counsel regarding compliance with applicable laws, regulations and company policies, and will be responsible for continued development of the team. He/she will be required to work closely with counterparts in EMEA and Asia Pacific to support the Associate General Counsel, in addition to working with other business teams, both in region and globally.
• Oversee and facilitate the work of three commercial attorneys in North America within a matrixed approval, escalation, and policy framework.
• Demonstrate mastery of software licenses, software consulting contracts, project implementation service contracts, prime and subcontractor agreements, RFQ, RFP, and NDAs.
• Provide pragmatic legal and business advice to the team and business.
• Maintain current knowledge of, and support compliance with, applicable laws and regulations.
• Assist your team with the drafting, review, and negotiation a range of commercial contracts related to software and services in compliance with policies and procedures.
• Review and approve variations to standard, non-standard, and bespoke contracts.
• Assist in reviewing and revising current processes, structures and procedures for efficiency and support projects and initiatives to realign and streamline same.
• Assist in developing, maintaining, and updating legal systems and records.
• Establish good working relationships throughout the department and across all business units, notably Sales and Finance.
• Liaise with external counsel and relevant authorities.Job Requirements:
Commercial Contracts, Commercial Law, Commercial Negotiations, Commercial Terms, Contract Negotiation, Contract Negotiations, Negotiation, Request For Proposal, Request For Quotation, RFP Request For Quote, Company Policy, SaaS, SaaS Software, Draft Contracts, Negotiate Contracts, Subcontract Agreements, Subcontract Management, Subcontractor Proposal, Vendor Contracts
Robert Half Legal matches legal professionals and consultants with remote or on-site jobs on a full-time, project and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide teams for complex projects, including litigation, eDiscovery, data privacy, and mergers and acquisitions.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5592. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.