"Make Life Shine Brighter"
Join the Macy's Seasonal Team! Macy's is currently hiring for our Holiday Season. Part-Time/ Full-time/ and Flex shifts are available.
The Line Cook's primary responsibility is to prepare hot and cold food for customer's consumption according to company and Health Department standards. Performs other duties as assigned.
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy's schedule options are available during the interview process.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Bonus Potential
- Food Division Discount
- Company Discount
- Additional Benefits Offered
- Follows Food Division Standards and Best Practices
- Produce and present cravable food products, cooked to order by following recipes to the letter or build sheets according to company standards
- Demonstrate a current working knowledge of all recipes, and executing within time standards
- Put away stock according to standards
- Follow food safety standards and maintain work area and equipment in accordance with Health Department standards
- Educate, sample, and serve customers food products
- Effectively deal with multiple customers and communicate customer requests or concerns to other associates and manager on duty
- Demonstrate MAGIC selling skills
- Follow station specific duties and responsibilities
- Open and close area following appropriate checklist, verifying completion with Manager on Duty prior to leaving the area
- Follow production guides, maintain stock levels and standards in product presentation
- Maintain personal hygiene and professional dress code to comply with company and Health Department standards
- Assist other associates to ensure all kitchen duties are completed and customer service standards are maintained
- Maintain a safe work area
- Assist with special events
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishment is necessary. One year of previous restaurant/hospitality experience is required. Health department license or certification and/or alcohol certification as required by state or local requirement. A Food Handler's certificate may be required for food service employees who prepare, store or serve food at restaurants, coffee bars or any other food service establishment prior to starting employment in a food operation at Macy's.
- Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, reports, and procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to make change using American monetary units.
- Reasoning Ability: Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to follow instructions.
- Physical Demands: This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing and talking. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Must be able to move and/or lift at least 30 lbs. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills: Must possess excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Must meet any state and or local age requirements for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This position is exposed to sharp objects such as knives and scissors. This position is also exposed to high levels of heat within an enclosed space. This position is required to use potentially hazardous equipment, such as grills and ovens. Reasonable accommodations have been made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. Work generally occurs in an office environment with moderate temperature and noise level.
Macy's, the largest retail brand of Macy's, Inc. (NYSE:M), delivers fashion and affordable luxury to customers at approximately 670 locations in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Guam, as well as to customers in the U.S. and more than 100 international destinations through its leading online store at macys.com. Via its stores, e-commerce site, mobile and social platforms, Macy's offers distinctive assortments including the most desired family of exclusive and fashion brands for him, her and home. Macy's is known for such epic events as Macy's 4th of July Fireworks® and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade®, as well as spectacular fashion shows, culinary events, flower shows and celebrity appearances. Macy's flagship stores -- including Herald Square in New York City, Union Square in San Francisco, State Street in Chicago, and Dadeland in Miami and South Coast Plaza in southern California -- are known internationally and are leading destinations for visitors. Building on a more than 150-year tradition, and with the collective support of customers and employees, Macy's helps strengthen communities by supporting local and national charities giving more than $69 million each year to help make a difference in the lives of our customers.
Role: Seasonal Line Cook @ Macy's- State Street
Apply for this job now.