Nisqually Construction Services, LLC is a full-service Construction and Construction Management firm serving the greater Seattle area. Our teams are involved in the most challenging and exciting projects in the area. We are currently hiring for a Project Controls/Change Management professional to support transit projects in the Seattle area. This position supports a team of professionals delivering Sound Transit light rail projects. Experience with change order management and knowledge of the principles of project control10 is highly desired. Experience with transit related projects including light rail construction is a must. Strong communication and writing skills are also desired.
Duties and responsibilities
· Have the ability to understand the change management process and provide guidance to the project team related to contractor requests for change, owner directed changes, cost management, project delay claims, and general projects controls principles.
· Manage change order process by tracking all potential change issues and open cost issues including requests from the Contractor and Owner directed changes.
· Review Contractor requests for change order, determine if the request has merit and provide recommendation to project team.
· Review RFI responses to determine if a change order is required.
· Develop scopes of work related to Owner directed changes including providing occasional design change sketches.
· Work closely with cost estimators to complete independent cost estimates.
· Complete Change Order approval package following Owner guidelines.
· Draft correspondence to the Contractor or Owner related to change management issues.
· Assist with resolution of technical and commercial issues
· Interface with design team and Owner staff to manage all phases of the change management process.
· Interface with Contractor staff to coordinate change management process.
· Attend and participate in weekly progress meetings and change management meetings.
· Prepare agenda for change meeting with Contractor and complete meeting minutes.
· Read, clearly understand and interpret construction drawings.
· Participate in progress payment review as required
· Perform other duties as needed
· Minimum of 10 years of experience required.
· Experience as a project controls engineer, change management professional or cost engineer on infrastructure projects. Light Rail construction is preferred
· BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
· Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
· Proficient in Oracle/Primavera Contract Manager
· Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable.
· Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
Nisqually Construction Services is a tribally owned DBE 8(a) small business that combines the construction expertise and experience of the Nisqually Indian Tribe with that of the former Walsh, Hedlund and Harlow Construction firm. With numerous successfully completed projects in a variety of construction types, we can provide you with unsurpassed experience while providing the ultimate in project quality, integrity and leadership.
NCS provides general contracting, construction management, estimating, scheduling and constructability review services. We are experienced in all areas of construction, contract types, and contract management, including MACC, MATOC, ID/IQ, GC/CM, Design-Build and competitive bid. In addition to our project management team, we have skilled tradesmen and a full complement of qualified subcontractors to augment our in-house capabilities, which enables us to meet all contract requirements
Role: Project Control Engineer
Apply for this job now.